Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

First ROW with GWS E-starter on Floats!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

First ROW with GWS E-starter on Floats!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 09:46 AM
TacMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ROW with GWS E-starter on Floats!

Wow! I'm hooked
This is my second electric plane and just this morning I finally got the right combination of wind, time, charged battery, and new float installation to give it a try.
(specs: Stock GWS E-starter, 9.6 730mah NIMH, 1080 prop, 19" foamfloats.com floats)

I initially went to just try and taxi to see how it handled on the water, but after it got up on step, I couldn't resist and rotated off.....Voila! I've gotta say this is the coolest RC flying I have done to date.

Made 7 great takeoffs and silky smooth landings (landed with slight nose up, and a little bit of power, like glassy water landings in the real airplane)

I was kind of concerned that it wouldn't be able to take off, because of my Lhs guy telling me, that it won't work, and in fact I should take the gear off altogether because it is too heavy and underpowered, etc... (I think he is byassed to glow power, and sells the electrics under great duress.... )

I hope to get a video link posted here soon.