Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby Eagle on Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Hobby Lobby Eagle on Floats

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:59 AM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby Eagle on Floats

Hello, I haven't been here in a while but I still have my Ready on Floats and it is doing great. Fly it every summer at the Colorado River.
I bought an Eagle a few months back from Hobby Lobby. It is 12ounces ready to fly. It is made of EPP foam, and is mostly a 3D type plane, 3 inch ailerons, etc. They also offer floats for this plane. They were always out of stock so I placed the order to get on the list. I got them after 2 months.
It took about a hour to set them up and I went out back to the pool. The floats set a bit deep in the water and require up elevator to keep them from nosing under. Having said that, I could get up on step for a second before I would chop the throttle to keep from crashing into the coping on the other side. Pool length is 36 feet so I bet I could get off the water in that distance but I would probably crash into the wall on the climbout. I'll take it over to a pond when I get a chance.
I was jumping the pool vaccuum hose and when it landed, the floats nosed under and the plane flipped. I had done no waterproofing whatsoever to the plane so everything got soaked. It took about an hour to get the receiver dried out and working again. Lots of LPS and compressed air to dry it out. Works fine again. I'll have to put it in a baggie or something. I can take some photos and post if there is an interest. Dave
Old 10-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Superscott

Default RE: Hobby Lobby Eagle on Floats

Hi Taildragger,
I would love to see some pics of your plane, could you post some please?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:49 PM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Here are some photos. Thanks for the interest.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32087.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	70518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96366.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	70519  
Old 10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Superscott

Hi Dave

That is a sweet plane, I have never really flown on water always wanted to tho, just nowhere to go to. Thaks for tie pics!!