Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

ACE Seamaster 40 ARF Assembly

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

ACE Seamaster 40 ARF Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 10:31 PM
LittleFolk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE Seamaster 40 ARF Assembly

I purchased a new Seamaster ARF. Is there anything I should know before I assemble the plane? I read that one fellow glued a foam block in the nose cap to keep from losing it in the water. How about the engine mast? Is it strong enough mounting it per instructions?
Old 10-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Dan Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ACE Seamaster 40 ARF Assembly

I have a seamaster, it has a mecoa .46 and is a great float plane.
Make sure that you get a good glue joint on all the tail parts. I used auto emblem glue to glue down the elevator pushrod.
Back to the spin thing , I let a freind fly mine and he got it in a spin about 3 mistakes high , it continued all the way to the water. ripped the wing off!
everthing floated fine( without the floam ), I had the plane back in the air two days later.
my engine mast is a little loose in the socket , I will end up glueing it in place. After all its not like I'll be taking it off.
Great plane, smooth as silk in the air
good luck!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 10:34 PM
thepope
My Feedback: (1)

I can't remember for sure but someone said to put some down-thrust on your engine mount. I think it was 3%. I also permanently attached the tip floats with some Goop adhesive. The engine pod is plenty strong. I wouldn't glue it in as the throttle servo wire runs down through the mast into the fuse. Hopefully someone will correct me about the down-thrust if I got it wrong. I did a search and couldn't find anything about it.
I permanently attached my throttle servo as I don't trust servo tape and couldn't see any other way to do it, more Goop.
Bill
Old 10-26-2003, 07:17 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would hold off on that down thrust until after it has been flown. I fly a kit version of the Seamaster, and I found that, due to the high thrustline, mine flies better with some UP thrust.

I too permanently attached the floats. They are designed to come off for land flying, but personally, I like the way they look, and I really like flying it off it's belly from grass!

You can see me doing just that in the "Evolution Trainer System" engine review in RCU Magazine.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:09 AM
thepope
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe it was up-thrust, like I said, I wasn't sure. I'll have a look at mine later today and see if I can tell for sure without taking the pod off. Whatever it was I did it and it flies great.
Bill