Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Looking about a 90" Glass PBY?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Looking about a 90" Glass PBY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 11:03 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking about a 90" Glass PBY?

They look like should be nice plane,close spaced engines should help some of engine out problem with twins.This is a kit with glass hull and foam wings for 2-40s.Do they fly as good as they look?Look verypractical with the close high mounted engines.Don't see muchre;them as other than the Kyosha ARF they seem rare,maybe there is a reason?Thanks
Old 12-17-2003, 11:47 AM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Looking about a 90" Glass PBY?

If you are looking for a kits of PBY's here are a couple [link=http://www.rcairplane.net/]G&P Sales[/link]

I have not flown one but the comments on the web site are consistant with your thoughts. I have been chewing on the idea of getting the smaller one.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:23 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Looking about a 90" Glass PBY?

Going over thrusday to look at it.Fellow in out club kitted this back in the 80s sold all but few kits then and put them away in his attic.They are 90"he says they fly real nice on 2-40 he said last one he built used K&B40s and flew well.Will be interesting to see them he is going to dig one out for us to look at as couple of us want them if they are good.Taking a fellow who builds big planes to look he actually wants bigger one but figures this [little one]should be a good start before he goes for a really large one.