Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Gee Bee Models

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Gee Bee Models

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 09:28 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gee Bee Models

Does any one know if Gee Bee Models has a web site, or who sells thier kit line. All that is carried by the mail order shops are the Dreamer and Tiger Moth kits, and the floats. Looking for the other float plane kits in the line.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Gee Bee Models

I have had bad experiences with GeeBee' Floats and have seen many other flyers have the same experience. Their design is not right for good float operation. Their floats have rounded edges on the bottoms, these edges should be sharp. The only planes I have seen get off the water with these float are overpowered. Check around this site and you will find some much better sources. I prefer blue or pink foam cut to shape and covered with glass and epoxy. They can't leak, they are hard to damage and I have been using them for over 20 years without any regrets.

One good source for these floats is Dave Milton in New Denver B.C. Canada, His e-mail is [email protected]
Dave is very good to deal with and his prices are reasonable.

I hate to bad mouth a product, but I have seen too many new flyers fight bad floats
Old 12-27-2003, 09:22 AM
jetranger-RCU

Not looking for the floats. LOOKING for the rest of the kit line which nobody seems to carry. I have flown Gee Bee floats and if set up correct they work fine
Old 01-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Bill Donlon

I have been trying for two years to find a link of any kind to Bee Gee with out success. I bought a Tiger Moth kit at a swap meet and it was missing the cowl. I can find dealers who sell th products but not the home of the kit manufacturer. I want to put the Tiger Moth on floats and wondered if there is a formula for fitting floats---weight to length ratio etc. I read a not very incouraging report from one of the Flying Mags that built and crashed the kit. something about not enough areolon throw. Anyone have any experience building and flying the Gee Bee Tiger Moth?
Old 01-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Dan Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Tower hobbies use to carry them
Old 01-24-2004, 09:23 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tower stills carries their products and if you don't see what you want call the Tower customer service number and they will give you a number to call Gee Bee direct....