Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Floats on slowstick???

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Floats on slowstick???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 01:39 AM
slowflyer111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floats on slowstick???

Hi I was wondering If any one has put floats on A slowstick or if its possible at all??? and can you make them from household materials, or can you buy them?

thanks, jason
Old 12-28-2003, 08:03 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Floats on slowstick???

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I sent you a couple of links where you can buy them. There should be a PM waiting in your in box.
You can make them from leftover styrofoam. Surely you still have the packing your 78" plasma display HDTV came in. See Randy Linderman's website ( Google knows where it is) for instructions.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:38 PM
slowflyer111

what plasma tv???
Old 12-28-2003, 08:59 PM
slowflyer111

thanks for the websites, but on one wherer the floats were 12$ they said they were for the pico stick. If i was to design my own i have all the things i need but what would the meshurements be???
Old 12-29-2003, 06:46 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The length of the floats is 75-80% of the distance from the propeller to the rudder hinge line.

Here is Randy's website. http://www.flyinglindy.homestead.com/skisandfloats.html
Click on the Chuck Cunningham article and it will pop up to full-size so you can read it.

The links I sent you have all sizes of floats-not just for a pico stick. It's up to you whether you want to make floats or buy them. I make mine, but I have already spent the money on materials and tooling. For $20 it's hard to beat letting somebody else do it.