Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Douglas Dolphin Info Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Douglas Dolphin Info Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 09:03 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Douglas Dolphin Info Help!!

Hi;Just got my new RCM mag and saw the picture of the Dolphin in there plan service!THis is really a neat looking old boat.Like the high mounted engines less spray and closer together should be good on one if necessary.Kind of small at 60"but beggars can't be choosers I guess.Got a couple 25FPs that ought to work.Does anybody know anything about this plane are there any kits avail?DOn't really enjoy building from plans but sometimes can't be avoided.Checked it is from a 12/71 mag so is an old plan.Found pictures on the web and still looks neat.Any ideas or thoughts?Thanks Bob Moodie
Old 01-14-2004, 12:04 AM
smedsky

Default RE: Douglas Dolphin Info Help!!

Check out the PBY about 4plans after the Douglas. I checked out the mag article and it seems to be very doable. I think the PBY is a little cleaner airframe and looks neater.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:16 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

AAre you referring to there big catalog I assume?Saw this in the magazine guess you have to order that to find out what all they offer.Looked at a big PBY kit fellow had out here but needed lot of finishing.THis and the PBY both have the close mounted engines and high which I like for control on a twin and spray protection.Tried there web sight but you have to order the catalog unless you have the plan number apparently.THanks for the tip!!
Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 PM
smedsky

The RCM plan is PL 649. They are all listed with a picture on rcmmagazine. com Clik on RCM store then plans ect and you will get them all.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:57 PM
neversink

Ever since seeing an article about the last remaining Dolphin (Aeroplane Monthly, November 1993) and then finding the RCM plans I've been wanting to do one, but the RCM build looks a little intimidating for a first from plan project. I'm now thinking of kit bashing a sport scale version from a Seacrusier or Seamaster kit.
Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43746.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	91103