Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Like a Duck to Water?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Like a Duck to Water?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 02:53 PM
LaGaffe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like a Duck to Water?

Greetings,

Does anyone one have any experinces with or know of any canard flying boats? I know of exectly one, Jim Fullarton's Pelican, originally FF but as far as I know at least once successfully converted to RC. Why a canard? Why not . I unfortunately suffer from an interest in the weird and wonderful . I also like to design my own stuff. Another idea which I haven't seen anywhere (model waterplane that is) is to have both a canard and a stab - a three surface plane (or whetever the correct term is). Any opions or suggestions? One obvious problem for a pusher canard a la VariEze or Fullarton's Pelican is how to keep the prop out of the water and spray, but since the Pelican flies off water it should be possible . Otherwise a flying boat version of a Miles Libellula would sure look nice. Or a Gee Bee Canard on floats ...

Soft Landings
Torbjörn
Old 02-20-2004, 03:30 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Like a Duck to Water?

I once had a Balsa USA Northstar. I always thought a canard would add to it's performance, but before I could do it, it got crunched in a non-flying related accident. It sat for a while, and I was going to add the canard as part of the rebuild, but never got around to it. Then while moving, it got cast away in the "Cleaning-out" process.

I still think it would be an ideal candidate for a "three surface plane (or whetever the correct term is)".
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
marecisko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Like a Duck to Water?

Hello ,

you can see my video with canard on wather http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1SWRVqIuiw

Marek