Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Sea Master twin first flight

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Sea Master twin first flight

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sea Master twin first flight

[sm=drowning.gif]
Flew my Sea Master twin last Saturday for the first time and all went well. Had a scary take off, got off the water real fast due to "0" thrust on the engines, she climed like crazy. Once I got a hold of her, down and left trim, she settled down to a cruise at less than 1/2 throttle on two T.T.36 engines mounted on their sides with Slimline Pitts mufflers and 9/6 APC props. But when I applied power she would clime in proportion so I just kept it slow, did a few loops and rolls, low passes and a real pretty landing.
I've installed fiberglass wing floats from a Lainer Mariner and they made a big difference in the way the plane handles on the water.
Now that I know how she fly's, I can now fly with confidence from my clubs runway. All I need to do is add washers to the tops of the engine mounts to get the needed down thrust and put some tape on the bottom of the wing floats to ptotect them. Don't want to remove them cause they look so cool.
To go single engine flying all I have to do is remove the tape covering the original engine pylon mount hole, insert the pylon with my OS 50 in it, install the two hold-down screws and plug in the throttle and ailerons and bolt on my #2 wing. Two, two, two planes in one....
Old 03-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Phil Cole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sea Master twin first flight

Or, you could leave wing on and you have a triple....
Old 03-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some pictures.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carlos!Can you give me any more info on the twin.Have one stock that actually haven't flown but Just found a damaged one at swap and like your twin idea.Actually have set of new nacelles for the twin star maybe could just fit them to the wing.Is that pylon always removable for the single engine version or did you build yours that way?You mention thrust angle the twin star use quite a little out and down but does really fly good and is easy to handle maybe should do this on here too?Thanks!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moodier,
Send me you e-mail address and I'll send you some pics.
[email protected]

Carlos
(Chuck)