Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

retractable float??

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

retractable float??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:50 PM
dinosaur454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retractable float??

Back in the late 70's there was an rc mag called R/C Sportsman. It came as a newspaper format, and each issue had full size plans for whatever the project of the month was. I remember plans for a mid wing monoplane that had a retracting main float and tip floats. The main retracted up and back and made up the bottom of the fuselage when done. I thought that was cool. Had saved a couple years worth of these mags, but when I went to get them out of storage, they were nowhere to be found[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Does anyone remember these plans or have a clue what the name of the plane was or anything?? Would dearly love to find out if anyone can help me out. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 10:12 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default retractable float??

I have that magazine in storage, there were no plans for the aircraft just a general description, it had Goldberg retracts attached to the tip floats and two Rhom nose gears on the main float. I have no idea where the box containing that magazine is but I do know for sure there were no plans in the article.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]