Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Sea commander floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Sea commander floats

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 05:06 PM
selwyn
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea commander floats

I am looking for a set of Sea commander 46" floats.If you have a set to sell please contact me at [email protected]
Old 11-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Bob Smith

I don,t have a set for sale, however I want to warn you before you order new one's they are VERY SLOW in delivery. I ordered a set on sept.11th and don't have them yet! even tho they they charged my Visa account at the end of Sept. I,m getting a lot of double talk from them. BEWARE!
Old 11-17-2002, 12:20 AM
Bud Faulkner
My Feedback: (1)

Bob, it's not the manufacturer it's shipping. Coming out of Canada they have to go through customs and that's where they get held up. They sent me a UPS tracking # with mine and they sat for a week in Washington state so don't blame sea commander. You won't be sorry it took so long, they're great floats.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:44 PM
selwyn
My Feedback: (19)

Default floats

moderator please close thread....found a set thanks to RCU
Old 01-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Sea Commander

Bob Smith did receive his floats and phoned us to say how beautiful they are and well worth the wait.
He was told when he purchased the floats that all floats are custom built and we charge the credit card when we start building the product. It then can take 4-6 weeks for delivery. He phoned us after 2 weeks wondering where his floats were. I told him that they were being built and that Linda (does the layups) was down with the flu and I was not sure when she would be well again. I guess this explains the double talk. I also e-mailed him a week ago and asked him to remove this post. No response.
We have never left anybody in the lurch yet.

Gord Whitney
Commander R/C Models
Old 01-30-2003, 03:34 AM
dinodigger II

Default SC Floats

Hi guys,
Like the man says there isn't any floats made that can compare with SC.Their great.If every rc product was of this quality the rc business would be to easy.
I have owned mine for 4 years now and they are still in excellent shape,even thou they had to teach me how to fly off 1' to 2' waves.They set under afour-star-60 and what perfect float plane,Imight add.
To Gord,you have agreat poduct and i wish you the best.
Larrie
Old 02-05-2003, 03:08 PM
BillHarris

We have never left anybody in the lurch yet.
Thanks for the "whole story", Gord.

I've never bought SeaCommander floats, but when I finish my DHC-2 Beaver and get ready to fly it with floats, I'll get a set of Sea Commander floats. Their reputation is that good.

However, since I've never flown off of water, will make a set of foam/balsa floats to put on a trainer and practice, practice, practice...