Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Float Flyin ain't for sissies

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Float Flyin ain't for sissies

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:37 AM
KiwiKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Float Flyin ain't for sissies

My flying club had a float plane day last weekend which was a huge success with flying from 9am till 4pm. With all that activity it was inevitable that some of the flyers came to grief. Some of the incidents that were caught on camera are recorded in my Blog here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542271
Old 07-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Newc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Float Flyin ain't for sissies

I think that I've experienced a bunch of those sorts of 'landings' when flying off the lake. That's why my heart rate is always higher when flying off my pier than when at the field. That and the inability to simply walk out to the plane when there's a deadstick or a landing like you show! On the positive side, the debris field is always more visible when it's floating and not scattered in the soybeans!