Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Show us your Beaver!

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Show us your Beaver!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show us your Beaver!

Just got back from Alaska and had the opportunity to spend a few hours with this Beaver. Best vacation a man could have !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28997.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	767879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22444.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	767880  
Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Goldfinger41

She is Purty!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:39 PM
beaver180
My Feedback: (10)

Awesome looking country... bit like our neck of the woods, but warmer here :-) Your granddaughters lucky to have gone with you on the Bea.
Take care...

Getting stuck into my Bea this month so I'll post some pix of how it's coming along, Chow for now, Paul
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Beaver 8' wingspan-

Name:	Ca80743.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	768247  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
themadmax
My Feedback: (70)

Hey,

This is a 42.5" Beaver I designed and built. It's actually a proof of plans ship for 5th scale plans I've drawn. If anyone's interested, I can provide plans at, virtually, any scale that are dead-nuts scale. I had the priviledge of being able to take a tape measure to the Beaver that lives at Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson. (Not often one can put a tape to a museum piece but she hadn't gone through restoration yet and she was realllly rough.)

Flying weight: 14-15 oz. Power .074 Norvel. Fellow who bought her says she flies real scale.

Later...

Name:	Tr49624.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	808293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75997.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	808294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48606.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	808295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65674.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	808296  
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
countrygentleman

How scale are the Unionville Beavers?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Arceenut

It is a SRFO scale (Stand Really Way Off)
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Closterman

If you want a scale Beaver, you NEED the MR Aerodesign kit ! Don't think you can't find better accuracy than that !
Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 AM
themadmax

Unionville and MRAero Beavers are both stand-off scale. They're acceptable for a Sunday flyer but neither is scale enough for a Scale Masters foundation aircraft without serious revisions. They're quite heavy to boot (Read: FLIES FAST!). If you're interested in a dead-nuts Scale Master's quality Beaver in 1/5th scale, (115.2" span) that's got scale flying characteristics, email me: [email protected].
Old 12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Closterman

I think that you have to explain me what you find not scale on the MR Aero Beaver !!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
khelsea

sic em closty khelsea
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
countrygentleman

Closterman,
I will speak for myself and I hope I am also speaking for just about everybody else in this thread: please stop polluting this thread with advertisement for your Beaver! I understand you are trying to make a living, you are trying to get your Beaver out there, but this is quite frankly getting old. I have seen your Beaver and it is very nice but at something like $600 per pop, I'll never own one. If you want to advertise, spend a little money on some ad space here on RCUniverse instead of making us suffer.

I hope I wasn't too out of line there but I felt that really needed to be said.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Closterman

May be i'm "polluting" this thread with advertising, but I don't think it's a reason to said false thing about my kit !! If you don't want to put 600$ on a good kit, it's your problem, but I have a lot a very happy customer. May be it's expensive but you can't tell that they are not scale !
Old 12-20-2007, 02:10 AM
themadmax

HEAR! HEAR! I, personally, like your style...damn Frenchmen can't take a joke! (I can say that 'cause my mom's French.) lol

To be serious, this is the pursuit of building either a Stand-Off Scale, Sunday flyer or a Scale ship, in which case it had better look "Right" from all angles. If it's to be a scale ship, there'd better be some documentation (3-views) worth a damn to take to the judges, right!? Perhaps there's a source Closterman can provide for truly scale, 3-views of the DHC-2 Beaver. I have a source in Dubai who's spent years combing the internet with inquiries to Dehavilland, directly, without sucess, money no object! Eh, mes ami?

$600? WOW!, A Scale Masters quality kit for that much, maybe. A stand-off scale kit for that much, hmmmm...what's that Unionville phone number again?
lol, lol
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Aerobatic_Tom

I spent considerable time assessing what was available for a 8-10ft scale Beaver and just ordered a full kit with floats from Martin of MR Aerodesign. The work, design, craftmanship, performance and perhaps most important scale of his model is, in my judgement, top class.

On top of that Martin seems to be a honest and friendly guy with quick and easy communications. I can do nothing but highly recommend his business.

I have built a Unionville 85" Norseman and to even mention these two manufacturers in the same context is a joke.

Regards
Tom
Stockholm, Sweden
Old 12-20-2007, 10:21 AM
cf-drg
My Feedback: (1)

How much for the plans in 1/6 scale, Themadmax?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Closterman

I use fabricating drawing directly from De Havilland to design my Beaver kit. I don't cheat on anything. All moving surface are the exact dimension, stab and fin. Even the position of hinges are the same. Samething fot the flap and aileron. Only thing I have change are the thickness of the flap and aileron hinges because I need strenght.
Landing gear shock absorber are fully fonctionnal and I use the same device than the real Beaver.
Front cowl and rear cowl have the exact shape. The 4 door are fonctionnal and you can make all the interior, without any design modification.
And, "themadmax" I have a very great sense of humor, but I have spend so much time and energy on this kit that I just don't accept that someone said that it's a stand-off scale kit. I have nothing about the Unionville kit. It's a very great flyer, I have personnly try one and they are very fun to fly. But, it's not in the same category of kit.
So, I stop right there, I don't want to polluting the thread anymore. If someone want any other info, just contact me directly on my e-mail : info"at"mraerodesign.com
Old 12-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Goldfinger41

Anybody want to buy a KMP Dehavaland Beaver, fully modified , ready to fly?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
cf-drg

Wow, I just read a few more threads...and the attacks on Closterman... So I'm going to add my $.02 I have to ask Themadmax if he has built or even seen a MrAerodesign Beaver? If not then no need for the slam of his model.. I personally think it's very scale, if you go to the web site and look at it you will see it is.... Maybe you just ment the Unionville one, and I agree "way stand off scale"... Countrygentleman, Ummmmm you have 2 post in the seaplane section and get pissed off with Closterman about mentioning his Beaver but say nothing to Themadmax about plugging his plans for his beaver... I will say "you don't speak for me"... I realize his kit is expensive but slamming the the small independant kit maker isn't going to help them, (his kit isn't stamped and packaged in China by some kids) I don't see Greatplanes making a beaver kit or any of the big manufactures for that matter.. I see your point with maybe advertising here on RCU and maybe he should, but that's between him and them........ I'm just curious, who makes a good Beaver kit 1/5 - 1/6 scale for under $600???
Old 12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Warbird Man
My Feedback: (95)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentelmen, Please,

This thread was intended for posting pictures and info about your Beavers! (R/C of course) Not a cat fight over who makes the most scale kit.

If you have a picture of your ultimate scale plane, Post a picture. We would love to see it.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I think we'll get more "positive" feedback that way. Yes?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
themadmax

Yeah...like he said!

"SHOW US YOUR BEAVER!", mes ami!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 PM
timothy thompson

got a ride in a float version and got a litlle stick time too
Old 12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
countrygentleman

If you read my post I never said anything about the Mraerodesigns Beaver's scaleness. I agree it is probably the most scale out there. I really don't care about that though. As you guys are saying "Let's get back to more pictures of Beavers!", "Enough talk, more action!", "Who really gives a who, let's see them nice Beavers!", that's all I was trying to do. I was just giving a heads up to Closterman that this thread is for pictures of Beavers, NOT a personal advertisement thread for his Beaver. Is there anything wrong with that?

CF-DRG- I didn't flame (if I flamed closterman??) themadmax because he is not constantly putting up links to his Beaver or talking his Beaver up. He simply showed his Beaver and described where it came from. If he started throwing that out every 5th post then yes, I would start chastising that guy, too.

As I stated before, I wasn't trying to start an argument about scale so please don't continue that argument. I wasn't even trying to start any sort of argument. Just a friendly reminder of what this thread is really for.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:03 PM
bear 57

Ok you want Beaver pictures. Here is mine, 15 years old, rebuilt several times and now retired and/or awaiting rebuild.
It is 22.5%, fibre glass fuse, foam wings.

Name:	Ge94164.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	831370  
Old 12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
cf-drg

countrygentleman, fair enough... Back to Beavers...

Bear 57... that one looks like one built by a guy I met a Shuswap this year... He was this big guy and kept yapping about how great his electric Turbobeaver was. No one there could shut him up.. I think his name was Lorne.... LOL

Anyways hope to see you there this spring Lorne, got a week off work for it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.