Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

DX7 in a floatplane, anyone tried it?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

DX7 in a floatplane, anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM
flypilot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DX7 in a floatplane, anyone tried it?

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has tried putting this system in a floatplane...if so, any range issues?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Newc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 in a floatplane, anyone tried it?

Have it in one of mine (104" PBN Nomad) and there's no range problems. Why would you think there would be range problems in a float plane that aren't there for a wheeled plane? Range is range, no matter if over water or ground. I especially like the idea of the DX-7 for my float planes since I fly mine off my pier and there's a couple of other guys that also fly off the same lake. By having the DX-7 system I don't need to worry about one of them being on my frequency, even though the distances between us are such that it's unlikey that there would be interference problems.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
DNAer

Have it in all my planes....love the model match feature. Just waterproof the receiver and let 'er rip. It has worked well in my Cessna 182 that I converted to floats. The servos that come with it have plenty of pull for 40-60 size planes.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
jbflier

I will be soon.....I have a Funtana X100 that will be on gear/floats this summer. The radio works great..........
Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 PM
jpg0529

I have an AR7000 in a ACE Seamaster and had three flights yesterday without any issues either in the water or air.

I have converted most of my planes to Spektrum and have only one that remains to be tested - a Drake II seaplane. Yesterday was far too windy for a 40oz seaplane!

Joe