Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

120 Size Sea Plane - Kits or Plans?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

120 Size Sea Plane - Kits or Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 120 Size Sea Plane - Kits or Plans?

Our club was recently granted permission to use a couple new sites to float fly. This is AWESOME for us. We haven't had a club sanctioned float fly in almost 7yrs.

I like bigger planes. I've got a ton of small gasoline powerplants here. 28cc up to 40cc.

Is there a kit or plans for airplanes this size?
80" - 90" wingspan?
12 - 16 pounds?

Twin for a couple .75 glow engines?

I have a set of Sig 1/4 scale built up floats that were recently built. I need to put a final coat of finishing resin on them and sand. Then paint. They are 46" long and the front is about 20" from the tip to the step. BIG floats. I was thinking of a 4*120. Anyone know of a nice 120 size kit or 1/4 scale kit that would work on these larger floats? I'm thinking more general aviation or kinda scale lookin' , but nothing really fancy. Just don't want another Cub or Cessna 182 on floats. Something unique, but totally believable if it was full scale.

Decathlon?
Dynaflite Decathlon?
Telemaster?
Ace Seamaster, but can't find one right now. Discontinued kit.

[/size]Kit or Plans[size=5]
Old 07-14-2008, 04:14 AM
Falcon6667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 120 Size Sea Plane - Kits or Plans?

I have a ace 120, it looks alot like the 4/120. it will take 1/4 scale floats great, an a g-26 or so.Will let it go for $150.00 + shipping.
Falcon
Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using this site for several years now for plans, http://plans.rcmodell.hu/index.html. Most are very workable and in DXF format so you can use most any CAD program , I use a free program called TURBO-CAD 2D. With it you can resize complete drawing to whatever size you need. The Seamaster is in there, don't remember exactly which section but think its in the SCALE dept. The plans for the Seamaster are for modified plane and built very light, a little work and you can beef it up to give it the necessary strength for a larger version. I have already built one from the plans and currently building a second one. Hope this will help.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 AM
wildbills21

Does any body have a Lanier Mariner 120 they would like to get rid of or does anybody Know where I could get one ?

Wild Bill
Old 07-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Falcon6667

Rcpilot
Just a thought , but how about taking a set of r/c modeler plans of the s-39 an enlarging them so instead of a golburg wing you use a balsa usa j-3 1/4 scale wing? an power it with your g-28? i have a wing off a 1/4 scale super cub. I have been thinking about a 3 piece wing as another guy did, keeping the flaps with the center , an have the panels outboard with ailerons removable.
Just a thought.
Falcon