RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Seaplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/seaplanes-176/)
-   -   Seaplane pictures (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/seaplanes-176/2341739-seaplane-pictures.html)

highroller-delete 02-21-2005 10:49 PM

RE: Seaplane pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Great PBY Mike !!! Very beautiful in flight. I will maiden flight mine next summer, in the meantime I decided to build another one, this time a scale PBY-5.

http://pages.infinit.net/heliweb/

AIVIA 03-03-2005 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures of my Sig Rascal 40 ARF on floats. O.S. 52 four stroke ... awesome airplane.

Also in the picture is my brother's Eagle II. This airplane has been around a long time and has done everything but drop skydivers.

Enjoy!

McFlyboy 03-08-2005 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My (borrowed) Howard Metcalfe Moonraker on old Tyro Major floats. If anyone knows how to convert VHS to media player I can post video of this and more from the loch insh splash-in a couple years ago.

Oh, almost forgot, my TT Giles, recovered and floated for a TV event that never made TV.

McFlyboy 03-08-2005 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my dads too:

Flair Puppeteer(most authentic, Flair Day at monikie bout 8 years ago)
Global Citabria with OS25FP, cruises beautifully at 1/4 throttle.

cmsrp 03-10-2005 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a buddies KMP Beaver 96" WS, Zenoah 26 power. Very scale looking in flight and on the water.
I am in the process of assembling mine, MVVS 35cc gas for power...

scale only 4 me 03-11-2005 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
it's been a while since I posted,,,so here ya go
A buddies,Rufe, How he talking me into building it I don't know
My Kingfisher, In better days,,needs work again
My EZ extra 230,,Not the best idea I ever had
and my Kingisher in the origanal colors

McFlyboy 03-11-2005 07:14 AM

had enough, what was wrong with the Extra? My giles was a wee treat off water.

beenie 03-11-2005 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My scratch built Grumman Ag-cat. 42" or so and 3.5 lbs on floats. A magnum .30fs pulls it nicely. I may recover it like the ag-cats on floats in the movie "The Phantom".
Ben

ysrcflyer 03-12-2005 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My GP Cub 40-YS63 for power. Still looking for non frozen water up here for initial flight!

lettucelord 03-16-2005 10:25 PM

Hey everybody, I have a US AIRCORE .40 on Floats, and boy is it a beauty, I fly it on the salt water though.....:( I know its bad, but thats what I got, o well, BUT, does ANYBODY KNOW ANY WEBSITES WITH VIDEOS OF FLOAT PLANES FLYING!! there are none I swear, o well, any links?
-Scott

Wayne22 03-16-2005 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lotsa pictures...

Wayne22 03-16-2005 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more...

Wayne22 03-16-2005 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
still more....

Wayne22 03-16-2005 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
again, more....

Goinstraightup 03-17-2005 08:18 AM

Great pics nony!

Do you know what the twin is in the last pic? Interesting.

Jeff

ronwc 03-17-2005 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures where I fly just outside of Tampa - I usually fly the Seamaster. A friend flew in on his full size floatplane and we all flew it also. Here is a picture from the air at about 750 feet -

Wayne22 03-17-2005 12:03 PM

Great pics nony!

Do you know what the twin is in the last pic? Interesting.
It is a very fast plane called the Semeter (not sure of the exact spelling..). There are quite a few of them in the area, and typical power is a pair of ST 90's !!!!!!

Goinstraightup 03-17-2005 12:07 PM

That would be neat to see!

lettucelord 03-17-2005 02:50 PM

anybody know any links to websites that have videos of floatplanes flying?
Scott

Pilot Chad 03-17-2005 04:56 PM

ysrc, what size is the cub and what are the dimensions on the floats?

sky shark 03-17-2005 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one in the works. Hangar 9 Super Cub w/G-26 sitting on Sea Commanders.

Wayne22 03-17-2005 10:50 PM

That would be neat to see!
..and hear! There is no mistaking when one of them is in the air!... One fella built one with 4 .46's.....sounded like a swarm of bees...

ysrcflyer 03-19-2005 07:13 AM

Newbtorc: It is the Great Planes 40 size Cub and GP 40 size floats-34"long.

Can't believe it! another 14" of snow today!

johnboyrc 03-19-2005 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple shots from my clubs float fly last June. Real nice day, wish it was like that now. Oh well, floats work on snow too.

Pilot Chad 03-19-2005 10:51 AM

johnboy, I have a place like that I can go to all summer and we have a house on it to. Thats where i will be flying my float planes

lettucelord 03-21-2005 12:07 AM

Are there no videos on the internet of floatplanes flying? ANYWHERE? ANYBODY?
-Scott

Leo 03-21-2005 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: lettucelord

Are there no videos on the internet of floatplanes flying? ANYWHERE? ANYBODY?
-Scott
Try this:
http://www.streamload.com/teryn1/supercub/supercub.html
SeeBee and J-3 Cub on floats:
http://www.flyingmodels.org/index_en.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
/Rune
http://www.azaleo.ath.cx/

jonne25 06-18-2005 09:52 AM

are there mor pics or info on the kyosho catalina pby??

teemto 06-18-2005 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: jonne25
are there mor pics or info on the kyosho catalina pby??
Here you have a thread in Twins forum:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2674596/tm.htm

Jaka from Sweden appears to be an expert in Kyosho's Catalina, so You can easily ask him ;)

Some pics of ongoing build are on my website http://teemto.republika.pl but the page is still only in polish language - sorry!

Kevin R 06-19-2005 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A pic. of my new Anderson Kingfisher, taken by my friend and great photographer, Alasdair Sutherland at Loch Tay, Scotland, last week. Model has retracting undercarriage (air operated) and can operate off land or water. Engine: Moki 135 2-stroke, with onboard glo system.

Kevin R 06-19-2005 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic.! ( can only upload one at a time)

JohnBuckner 06-19-2005 05:06 PM

Very Nice Kevin

A true amphibian that with functional retracts that could be launched off water and landed on hard ground all in one flight---Rare indeed, nice.

If you have ever caught the old long running American TV show, Fantasy Island you may find it interesting that the opening shots always included a amphibian landing and arrival at the docks as one of the characters yelled "Da Plane Boss, Da Plane". Numerous arriving characters would proceed to step onto the docks. Amazing all these people in that two place airplane. I beleve this airplane was a Kingfisher with several rows of phoney small windows running aft behind the windshield.

John

theKM 06-19-2005 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kevin, pics of that Kingfisher are glorious! Very nice. :)

Here's my addition to the party, the only water flyer I have at the moment, the Twinkle...
(the first pic is Prototype 1 sitting with its inspiration, my father's North Star)

Semi Retired Aviator 06-25-2005 03:53 PM

Does anybody have any pics of a Swoose in flight. It's a nice looking aircraft.

Also if anybody could give me information on the model I'd appreciate it. Flying characteristics, etc

Sorry. I found the pics and some posts on flying. I couldn't delete the entire post.

Bud Faulkner 06-25-2005 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my DPM super cub on sea commander floats. O.S.160 twin. Still have to add water rudders.

Strykaas 06-26-2005 05:23 AM

Bud,

Very nicely done !
Your floats look superb. Can you give us more details ? How did you do this rivets ? What about the system to attach them to the fuselage ? Is it made of wood covered steel rods ?
With a OS160 twin, you have a dream machine... How does this engine perform ?

Bud Faulkner 06-26-2005 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Strykass,

When I took these pics I had just finished everything except the water rudders, the engine has not yet been run but others I know that have this plane and engine combo are extremely happy with the engine and the way it handles. The rivets came from microfasteners
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...cts/TNMRVL.cfm and were placed with tweezers and ca after drilling all the holes. The brackets were made by myself with the exception of the streamline tubing to replicate a real cub on floats I have pics of. The forward fuselage mounts are the brackets that came with the ARF and the rear are made from K&S sheet aluminum and bolted thru the fuse into a ply backing. Kinda hard to explain everything as there's a great deal involved but with this setup the system can be changed to other aircraft because they are adjustable fore and aft and laterally.

ryanpilot 06-26-2005 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of mine. But first I have to say you guys have some fine water birds and CF-DRG my hats off to you, that is one BEAUTIFUL Husky and the beavers are one of my favorite both turbo and old round engine.

Mine can not possably compare to some of those posted here but I liked them and they flew great.

HHjul 06-26-2005 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here´s my bushplane...

It´s a 1/4 Super Cub, converted from Sig J-3 kit. Floats are scratch-built, I used Jim Pepino´s Edo round-top float plans as a reference, anyway I made them floats flat-top. Saito FA-120S engine. No flights on floats yet, maiden flight ASAP.

Kevin R 06-26-2005 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice model - looks like twin sister of mine! Mine doubles as glider tug, has zenoah 62 engine, and can climb vertically to cloudbase............
( photo by Alasdair Sutherland)