Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin COMING March 15, 2018! >

UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin COMING March 15, 2018!

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin COMING March 15, 2018!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
You could start by describing your issue? Nobody is reporting anything wrong with photo uploads.
I posted my issue about the HUGE pictures that interfere with writing the building blog. Others have complained also. I detailed my thoughts in your forum support section, problems or suggestions. I also inserted a screenshot of what I see after I load the pictures. Difficult or impossible to edit.

Take a look and scroll through my Pica building blog or the Mustang Brotherhood thread. When you go through it, you'll see the impact of the style change of this new uploader.

The point is if you are posting one picture like a finished plane, then this is ok, But if you are doing a build and want to share a build over time, this style and the size of the pictures are a problem. Not user friendly.

Here's the screenshot after loading 9 pictures I had a typo in this sentence and it was tough to navigate in this post to edit it! That's the problem. The picture is tooo big. Much more of a problem if you have several pictures..
Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sahartman21
Thank you for your recent attempt to improve the forum experience on RC Universe.

I consider myself a power contributor in the Pylon Universe forum.

The recent change to picture addition adds way to big a picture to my posts and makes them difficult to review. I store my pictures in low resolution mode and yet they get posted and take up half the screen width.

I liked it much better when I could upload pictures as attachments. I will probably stop using RCU Forums to post construction threads unless I can post as attachments.
I am assuming that this member doesn't like the HUGE pictures either????
Old 05-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by shannah
Bad move guys. The inline picture size is a problem. I also post building blogs, which is a great thing about this site, and the file size is so huge that it ruins it. In the past, I could post thumbnails inline and if someone wanted a detail they could click on the pic. This upgrade is a massive step backwards. I hope you can fix it soon.
Does this member like the new uploader also???
Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by szempruw
Does this member like the new uploader also???
This is not a technical issue. This is the way the forum handles photos now. There is no thumbnail option. So, if you upload a huge photo, it will display huge. The workaround is to use a photo editor and downsize them before uploading them.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IBobi
This is not a technical issue. This is the way the forum handles photos now. There is no thumbnail option. So, if you upload a huge photo, it will display huge. The workaround is to use a photo editor and downsize them before uploading them.
I'm having the same "large photo issue" in my thread.

However, This thread in Beginners has photo/thumbnail photos linked: Beginners Photo with Thumbnail.

They are a newer member than I am and this is a recent post - Am I just missing something? Or, do the new guys get the thumbnails...?

I would like to have the smaller picks in my thread and then readers - if someone does like the topic - can enlarge just what they want to see..

Blue Skies..
Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TEBerg
I'm having the same "large photo issue" in my thread.

However, This thread in Beginners has photo/thumbnail photos linked: Beginners Photo with Thumbnail.

They are a newer member than I am and this is a recent post - Am I just missing something? Or, do the new guys get the thumbnails...?

I would like to have the smaller picks in my thread and then readers - if someone does like the topic - can enlarge just what they want to see..

Blue Skies..
I looked at the code for that user's post and it appears that they are hosting those photos on a third party site which makes them thumbnail-sized when put into the post. Test:

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20170727_201144[1].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	2264849

EDIT: If you drag and drop an image directly into the post from a third party, you can make it smaller, like this.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:39 AM

So, it's more like a link than an upload, if you have photos on PhotoBucket or some other site?

I don't have that, I just usually upload from "my photos" off the computer.

However, I did get my build photos to show up as a row of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen. I used the "Go Advanced" option at the bottom of the thread to do my reply. See below.

That does make it easier to read the thread - and viewers only have to see the more detailed photo if they want.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing Cutouts.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	2264850  
Old 07-28-2019, 01:01 PM

Default Choosing Thumbnail

Originally Posted by TEBerg
So, it's more like a link than an upload, if you have photos on PhotoBucket or some other site?

I don't have that, I just usually upload from "my photos" off the computer.

However, I did get my build photos to show up as a row of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen. I used the "Go Advanced" option at the bottom of the thread to do my reply. See below.

That does make it easier to read the thread - and viewers only have to see the more detailed photo if they want.

Thanks.
I went to Go Advanced and I can't find how you added the thumbnail picture. Can you be more specific?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by szempruw
I went to Go Advanced and I can't find how you added the thumbnail picture. Can you be more specific?

When I click on the "Go Advanced" button located below the Quick Reply; it takes me to a "Reply to Thread" box that has four sections.
Title:
Current Attachments (Manage Attachments Link)
and Post Icons.

Clicking on the Manage Attachments Link, it gives me a separate window that has two option boxes; Upload File from Computer and Upload File from URL.

There are 8 "Choose File" links in the Upload File from Computer box. When I pick Choose File, it takes me to my "Open File" window and I can browse and pick the photo. I can pick a photo for each link and they upload and add a small icon in the Current Attachments box.

Then they show up in my post/reply as a box of thumbnails at the bottom of the post, called Attached Thumbnails.

That has been working for me since I asked the questions and did some digging..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing Guts.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	516.9 KB
ID:	2264916  

Last edited by TEBerg; 07-29-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^nice!
Old 10-08-2021, 01:01 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Old thread, but another vote FOR thumbnails, and another vote AGAINST forced inline images, it bites hugely!
The posts above about getting thumbnails through hocus-pocus don't work, I don't see what's described there, here. Come on, your main competitor has thumbnails! And you really don't give a poop about your users?