Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

SP120 Torque

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:01 AM
candanb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SP120 Torque

Dear All

I have a kit SP120. When I try to assemble this engine I experience some trouble. Actually, when I try to tighten the nut in the impeller side, my engine has some difficulties to turn. It does not sound like it is rubbing, but something stops it to turn around smoothly. After I torque it more then it relaxes and starts turning as expected. At this point, what is the required torque amount for tightening the nuts?

My other question is on small O-Ring installed in Diffuser. I could not solve the role of it. Why do we have these O-Ring over-there? What is it sealing? What happens if I assemble the engine without it?

Thanks,

Bulent Candan
Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
rcav8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SP120 Torque

Hi Bulent

The torque on the Compressor Nut for the S120 Kit is 18N-m.

I'm not sure which o-ring your talking about. The o-ring around the perimeter of the diffuser cover acts as a seal to the combustion chamber case. The o-ring in the shaft tunnel acts as a damper for the shaft and also allows the bearing to move with respect to the pre-load system. This o-ring must be installed for the engine to operate properly.

Sincerely,
Ed