Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Replacement ECU battery

Old 07-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Replacement ECU battery

Hello,

1- What will be a suitable replacement battery for th ECU? Now I have a six cell, 1100 mah. Looking for capacity.
2- What is a representative loading in the battery that is comparable to the drain during startup (starter spinning). Looking for a mah figure to use during battery cycling.

I have a schulze chamaleon and a triton as chargers.

Thanks,
Edgar
Old 07-24-2005, 05:09 PM
rcav8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacement ECU battery

Hi Edgar

Are you sure you have a 6 cell 1100mah pack? The engines were always shipped with a 8 cell(9.6v) with a minimum capacity of 1200mah. This will give you up to two flights, but we reccommend that you recharge after every flight. If you are using a 6 cell pack, that might also explain why you are having a hard time starting in the engine as you stated in you other post.

The draw on the battery is the highest during the start sequence where you can see a momentary peak of 20 amps when the starter and the glow driver are engaged.

If you want more capacity, you could go to a 11.1 v Duralite battery pack without any adverse affects on the engine operation.

Sincerely,
Ed

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

Hello,

1- What will be a suitable replacement battery for th ECU? Now I have a six cell, 1100 mah. Looking for capacity.
2- What is a representative loading in the battery that is comparable to the drain during startup (starter spinning). Looking for a mah figure to use during battery cycling.

I have a schulze chamaleon and a triton as chargers.

Thanks,
Edgar
Old 07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Replacement ECU battery

Hi Ed,

Well, you must be right about the cell count, as I have the original that came with the turbine. The batery is buried inside the plane and can't be easily check.
I was using mostly the chamaleon. which detect the right # of cells. Yet at least once I used the Triton and is very likely I was using the wrong cell count[:@], resulting in not fully charged and some of the starting problems[]

For duralites, understand you recommend the #7406ECU: 4000 mah - 6 cell - 11.1 volt pack, right?

I see the new turbines are coming with 2200 LIPO. What is the cell configuration? Any web link?

Thanks,
Edgar