Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

Simjet 3000 EGT reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
johnls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simjet 3000 EGT reading

I have a Simjet 3000, with the Xicoy ECU. I have had no problems until about a month ago after refitting the engine into an airframe the ECU read out at start up shows 0*c. (ambient temperature being higher). The engine proceeds to start in the normal way and after a couple of start cycles gradually the EGT is seen to rise to an idle EGT of about 450*c. I do not understand what is causing the 0*c reading at start up, and I am concerned that the cooling cycle may be terminated prematurely. Has anybody experienced this before or have suggestions?

John
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
ron Sweeney

Default RE: Simjet 3000 EGT reading

Hi John, I just ran into your query. I operate a simjet 3000 and have only just had the xcoy ecu fitted and have not run it yet but I have experienced the same problem when I changed the xcoy ecu for another one. on my TJT 3000. I believe your problem is one of calibration. In the submenu there is a setting for recalibrating the thermocouple. If you set it at ambient then it should follow the full scale. I have forgotten which number it is but if you download the xcoy manual it will tell you: or better still contact the xycoy support web site. Gaspar Espiel is very helpful, or maybe Rob Rowbottom can help, he's a wizz on ecus. The sub menu is accessed by holding down buttons 2 and 4 while you switch on the power to your data terminal. Ron
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
johnls

Thanks for your help Ron.

John
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi John,

Yes, it does sound like a calibration issue.

Here at US SIMJET we calibrate using the PC software and cable provided by IXCOY / Gaspar.

I do not believe the ECU manual has a T/C rest feature described as the sub menus are generally not acessable to the general customer.

I'm sure if you contact GASPAR as suggested, he will be glad to provide you support.

Best Regards,
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 PM
johnls

HI Kerry,
I contacted Gaspar today as I am having trouble getting into the relevant sub menu. This is the reply I got:
1) Go to subparameters of the ecu (pres the buttons 3th on the left
> and next 1th on the left during power up)
> 2) Set parameter 2 to zero.
> 3) Switchh off and on again the ecu.
> 4) check the read temperature (must be over ambient). Calculate the
> error and divide by 2.
> 6) Set parameter 2 to the calculated value.
>

I don't know if I,ve got got a different ECU (1yr old) but my menu has START,INFO,RADIO,RUN and I cannot see a way of getting to any menu that adjusts the EGT ambiaent temperature.

John
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi John,

I believe that you have the 605 ECU as per your description. (see the bottom of the sticker)

This is the way I understand what GASPAR has said:

1) Set trim low and enter in submenus by turning Power on the ecu and click first on "+" button and next on the "menu down" button.)

2) Move to parameter 2 and set this now to ZERO.

3) Switch off and on again the ecu. Take note of the indicated temperature. Will be higher than ambient.

5) Determine (calculate) the difference and divide by 2. For example, if it read 48ΒΊ and the real temperature is 20, the diference is 28, divided by 2 = 14.

6) Repeat 1) and 2) and set parameter 2 to the determined calculated value (14 in this example).

Brg.

Kerry S.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 AM
johnls

That did it. Problem now sorted. Thank you for your help.

John