Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

H-9 46% ultimate smart fly setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
fooofighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-9 46% ultimate smart fly setup?

Hi Group! anyone setup The H-9 ultamate W/smart fly What do I need to do this the proper way? Any Ideas? how have you or how would you set this bird up. Thanks Jeff
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 AM
speedysaenz
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: H-9 46% ultimate smart fly setup?

I use the turbo reg and the EQ10 awesome setup less stuff!! no matchboxes, the EQ10 mathes all 10 ch I am also running 2 5200 fromeco li ion
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
rrritchey

Hi Jeff,
If this is what I think it is I would suggest our Flight Pack 12 (PowerExpander Eq10, TurboReg) and an Ignition Cutoff. With this you can match all your servos with out any Equalizers or Matchboxes. One thing, you did not say if you wanted to run a single receiver or dual receivers.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:35 AM
fooofighter

Hi Robert. And Rcu Group! thanks for the setup for the 46%ultimate. I'm suppose to receve the ARF today. To answer your question about the receiver system to be used. I have a DX-7 spectrum radio. And an old ( Don't laugh) Airtronics VISION-8 Dual con Pcm. Vision was at that time a divsion of sanyo@#$%^&*. now a discontinued radio. I like the mix capabilaty of the vision however it's not (just) little old school... I think that the spectrum will work well with your (SMARTFLY)- Flight Pack 12 (PowerExpander Eq10, TurboReg, 2 Deans Jumpers). Ignition Regulator and Ignition Cutoff. I Have Two receivers AR-7000 series. Do you think that redundant rec's are a (good-nesscacary) way to set up the plane?I assume that the redundant rec's are split Left-right side?I'm pretty sure that I can bind the two rec's in the same plane.Now that i think about it, sure i can! I'll order the equip. suggested by you! as far as the batt's there are a multitude of of batt's out there!!!! I have heard that I need batt's that can take extreme amp loads. Lipo, Lion,Manganese,a123,n/cad, Nmh. EEEE GADS... OOOPS my Bad! I see that in your post that you call for Formoco cell packs. lith-ion batt's 2600 Li-ion w/ 16ga wire & Ultra Plug Female Or 5200 Li-ion w/ 16ga wire & Ultra Plug Female Or 5200 Li-ion w/ 16ga wire & Ultra Plug Female.Witch one should i get 2600 or 5200? Are they less volitale than poly? are any others compatible with (SMARTFLY) Systems? I hear some good things about A123 Cells As far as Amp draw issues. I have already puchased The JR 8711's-(4) so far. and then found that the Hitec 5955's got better revews?(slop issues) Any thoughts? Thanks for your RE: And your help!!!!! Jeff AKA (Foofighter)
Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
rrritchey

Hi Jeff,
The PowerExpander Eq10 is designed for use with a single receiver. I have seen people put dual receivers on the unit but they may interfere with each other.

As far as batteries go, that is a huge question. If you are going to run the TurboReg I suggest 2-5200 packs of the Fromecos or two 4270 packs of the FlightPower Lipolys. The A123 batteries are compatible with our systems and, normally you would not run a regulator for them so you could save yourself the cost of the TurboReg.

As far as servos go, someone out there can better answer this question.