Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Advisory: Receiver Connections

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advisory: Receiver Connections

When connecting a receiver to any Smart-Fly PowerExpander or PowerSystem, you should never plug any of the receiver pigtails into any battery port on the receiver. On PCM systems this will usually put the receiver into Direct Servo Control (DSC) mode where it will stop listening to the transmitter and expect commands on the DSC link. On 2.4GHz receivers this will look like a bind plug when put in the BAT/BIND port. It may not immediately turn the bind function on but it may at any time. The receiver connections on the PowerExpanders and PowerSystems are ONLY meant to be plugged into servo output ports. Please e-mail us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default RE: Advisory: Receiver Connections

There is some information going around that the two power leads on my PE Pro for instance, shouldn't go into the power ports on my receiver.
I have a JR 921 for instance which has two seperate power in ports.
Can I in fact put the two leads from my PE Pro to the two power inputs on my receiver?

Also, what is the proper procedure to bind a 2.4 Rx when connected to a PE Pro?

Thanks for the help
Bob
Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
rrritchey

Hi Bob,
When you get done hooking up your JR921 to the PowerExpander Pro the two battery ports on your receiver should be empty. The 2 leads on the PE Pro are servo channels as well as supply power to the receiver so the two three lead connectors from the Pro should go into THROTTLE and AUX4. You should leave on of the single wire connections unconnected. When you want to bind, put the bind plug in the BAT/BIND port and then turn on your receiver. After its bound remove the plug. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Thanks

I'm good now
Love your stuff!

Bob
Old 11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
rrritchey