Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Servo short protection??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
off2fly
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo short protection??

Do any of the smartfly power expanders provide short protection,like if a servo has a direct short??Thanks,Vann
Old 07-17-2008, 09:02 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Servo short protection??

Hi,
The servo signal wires are individually buffered so if a signal wire shorts on a channel it will not affect the other channels. As far as power goes, each power pin is connected to the main power bus by 4 15mill traces that will fuse if the short has a long enough duration. I believe this is basically what the PowerBox does also.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
off2fly
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Servo short protection??

Sir,thanks for responding,i just lost a bird the other week,a 5955 servo shorted and tripped the fuse in my lith. bat and lost radio and broken heart!I thought about soldering a fuse inline or something,but if your power expander will protect from that happening,that sounds like the ticket!Or i might need to use another brand servos!though I havn't a clue what a 15 mill tracer is!?Thanks ,Vann