Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Batshare with JR 921 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
crashproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batshare with JR 921 2.4

Hello I wanted some guidance with my JR 2.4 921 rec using 2 6.0 v 2400 NIMH batts in my TFGS Corsair. The batts are running through the SF Batshare and is plugging the outputs, 1 to the rec batt port and the 2nd to aux 4 which is free going to work fine with this 2.4 system. Thanks for any opinion or help with this setup. Kevin.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
rrritchey

Default RE: Batshare with JR 921 2.4

Hi Kevin,
Sounds like you have it covered. Did you have any specific concern?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:09 PM
crashproof

Thanks for the reply. My concern is that I setup as listed above and with both switches on everything was fine, but being inquisitive I turned one switch off and then when I moved my elevator I could see my 2.4 rec going into and out of failsafe. This is what worries me. Thanks again for the reply. Kevin.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM
rrritchey

Hi Kevin,
You are seeing the limitations of the standard RC connector. It cannot carry much current and when you move the servos you are creating a large voltage drop across those connectors coming from the BatShare to the receiver bus. There is nothing you can do about this except add more connections from the battery which probably would be difficult at this point. This is the reason we suggest looking at a power system for the larger planes, anything around 50cc and larger.