Notices
Specific Models of Multi-Rotors and Drones This forum is set aside to to talk about the varios brands of commercial equipment on the market today

Fpv for DJI p2 and p3 Question here

Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 AM
Drone Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fpv for DJI p2 and p3 Question here

I am new here and fairly new to drones in particular. I own a p2 vision+ and A p3 advanced with 2 completely different systems. Both however have the same feature of not having a working fpv.

I started with the p2 and all was well until the wifi went sizzle still have telemetry but no camera.Spent 200 some dollars on a new wifi did all the mods to keep it cool artic silver and so on it lasted a month or so and also now sends no camera signal but telemetry is ok.At this point I decided to ditch the wifi module or just to leave it in and build a ground station and be done with DJI proprietary equipment. since the transmitter control is for 5.8 I opted for a 2.4 immerisionrc duo rx ground side and 600 tx birdside. Fatshark camera mounted forward and Go pro hung form a custom gimbal mount below. Since I am using this setup my flight time is down to about 18 min usefull time which is no bother since I have 5 batteries. Now to get to the heart of the post since the p2 and p3 share similar wiring for the 2.7 camera is it not possible to utilize the working gimbal with the p2 for example and feed the video and video ground to the immersionrc tx and receive video from the camera onboard and forgo the fatshark gopro setup? and is the osd line in the p2 encrypted it is also fed to the wifi unit but may only work with the app.

below is the setup I have used successfully any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	works.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2204162