Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

new boat

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Nick3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new boat

I got a new boat for christmas, it ran for about 5 min now all the motor will do is sputter. need some help to as of how to fix
Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
BACKEMF

Default RE: new boat

Need lots more information Nick, pictures, model????
Old 12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Nick3

I got the XBLAZE from bananahobby.com.
the specs are
    [*]Length: 749.3mm (29.5 inch)[*]Width: 210mm (8.3 inch)[*]Weight: 2.6kg (5.7 lb)[*]Motor: B36 x 56L professional racing brushless motor[*]ESC: 60Amp marine brushless speed controller[*]Servo: 1x 12g (rudder)[*]Battery: 2x 7.4V 4000mAh Li-Polymer[/list]
Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
wilsta67

ORIGINAL: Nick3

I got the XBLAZE from bananahobby.com.
the specs are
    [*]Length: 749.3mm (29.5 inch)[*]Width: 210mm (8.3 inch)[*]Weight: 2.6kg (5.7 lb)[*]Motor: B36 x 56L professional racing brushless motor[*]ESC: 60Amp marine brushless speed controller[*]Servo: 1x 12g (rudder)[*]Battery: 2x 7.4V 4000mAh Li-Polymer[/list]
banana hobby! say no more! sorry to say but you have made your worst mistake buying that junk.
and for that price you could of done way better. like the new traxxas spartan for a few dollars more!
5 minutes is about all you will get out of the battery.
make sure your batteries are charged the esc a desighned to cut out when the batteries get low.
if that fails-
best bet it will still be under warrenty send it back and get your moneys back!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Nick3

ok then what will it take to get this 1 right? new higher amp ESC and new motor. For what little time I got to run it, it handled real nice.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:30 PM
wilsta67

have you recharged the battery?
did it come with warrenty?.
i wouldnt be spending any money if you dont have to.
also did any of the electrics get wet?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Nick3

ok here it is I aint new to rc I do have a pair of T-Rex 450 heli's, boats are new to me. What will cause the motor to sputter. I think its the ESC. I hooked up a spare motor I have for my heli and I get the same responce as the boat motor, it just sputters. my heli motor is good, so the leads me to beleive its the esc. What else could cause this. My batteries are good I do have a tester that checks each cell.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:44 PM
wilsta67

what radio are you using ? you would not have bumped or adjusted the throttle settings by mistake??
could be something simple like that.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
wilsta67

contact banana hobby live support there claim Professional Lifetime Tech Support only at Banana Hobby
http://www.bananahobby.com/1767.html
Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Nick3

It is a trigger remote N-4Q Fm 27mhz, has trim sets and rev for the throttle and steering. Couldn't find any info for it on the web.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Nick3

have been online with them for most of the day and havent got anywhere yet. Waiting on an email from them lol u r right they seem to be a joke.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Veteran65

Is banana hobby really that bad??
Its a pretty darn big company ,have been aroujnd for quite a while
Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I believe they are. I have not heard many positive reviews from them on any of their products. Actually I'm surprised he received his product.http://www.rcgroups.com/banana-hobby-560/. I truly hope they orignal poster did not purchase this boat for the listed $359. I hate to say, but if you did you got ripped off my friend. Try to get your money back as fast as you can and buy a Proboat Miss Geico. You won't be disappointed.
ORIGINAL: Veteran65

Is banana hobby really that bad??
Its a pretty darn big company ,have been aroujnd for quite a while
Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Veteran65

Proboat
never fail to dissapoint
worth every penny
or so I heard
Old 12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Diesel6401

The blackjacks where a pain in the butt, but after some work they run good, but since the blackjack and miss elam proboat has made a giant leap for the better. The Miss Geico is the NICEST RTR I have EVER owned. It is a amazing rtr boat. They did a great job on it, It does have a annoying bounce, but with prop changes and some strut adjustment and some cg changes the bounce goes away. A lot of people are doing the rudder mod to lose the bounce, but you can get rid of by being patient and playing with props and strut adjustment. Here's my video first run stock motor/esc you can see the bounce. I eliminated the bounce now a days but havent got a new video yethttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsZmdN6FsIs

Proboat
never fail to dissapoint
worth every penny
or so I heard
Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Veteran65

Only if Miss Geico didn't cost so darn much

Thats a lot of lunches I've gotta skip to buy that beauty

Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Veteran65

Say
one more thing
what's the difference between a tunnel hull and catamaran design
in terms of sheer accleration and "moddability"??

I really want to get to know my dream boat before setting a target or anything
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Diesel6401

Really hard to compare the 2. It's like apples and oranges really. Every different hull design has it's plus's and minus. Tunnels are very hard to drive and setup, they require patience and a lot of fine tuning. I do not run a tunnel hull yet. I thought about getting a VS1 from aquacraft and converting it to brushlesshttp://kintecracing.com/VS1.html, bet I plan on getting a Stilleto from proboathttp://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=dh-PRB4000BD. The vs1 is a better hull, its artr and not a rtr like the stiletto. takes some more work, but is the better of the 2. The vs1 has been raced and has done very very well for a long time. The stiletto being rtr is a little heavy and the motor has more top end insted of torque, but I have a CC1512 I want to give the boat a try.

Say
one more thing
what's the difference between a tunnel hull and catamaran design
in terms of sheer accleration and "moddability"??

I really want to get to know my dream boat before setting a target or anything
Old 12-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran65

So Tunnel hull can go faster than a catarmaran but needs more tunning and maintainence
How about stability?
Which one can corner faster without capsizing like a Deep V?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Diesel6401

All depends on setup. Both can turn great my skunk cat turns on rails full speed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spPr80I-kpAtunnels can spin out really easy if their not setup right or you over steer. Like I said hard to really compare, cats can handle a little more chop in the water then a tunnel can.

So Tunnel hull can go faster than a catarmaran but needs more tunning and maintainence
How about stability?
Which one can corner faster without capsizing like a Deep V?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Veteran65

that
said
Miss Geico will be my definite choice then
Thx mate
Old 12-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Nick3

Ok BH is trying to get around a return. Getting this problem fixed can't be all that hard. I myself believe it's the ESC. I also bought the ERAZOR 450 rtf, then most peeps at RC Discuss talked a bunch of crap on that heli. After replacing the servos and ESC (original esc went to smoking) the heli didnt do too bad. I've since then purchased a T-Rex 450 SEV2. what a difference. Then I bought a T-Rex clone for my first build, clone ended up costing around $400. I like the heli's, the only problem is that I am blind in my left eye so I don't have any depth perception making it hard to handle the heli when I get more than 25ft away. What fun is that lol. So I want to go to rc boats. All I need is for someone to tell what causes the motor to sputter. I like the XBLAZE. got to run it for a couple of min before the sputtering started, being my first boat I thought it handled nice, quick, plains out nice, and can handle turning at full speed. I will be getting back up with BH. Got to wait till noon here for them to open. They're in LA and I'm in NC. My lhs isnt so local takes little better than a hour to get there. Gonna call them today to see if anybody there are into boats that can help., they couldn't with the heli's, but maybe boats, dunno will see. Oh I also put 1 of my extra heli motors in the place of the boat motor and got the same reaction (sputters) and that motor is good, so that leads me to believe it to be the esc.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 AM
moparherb
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Nick seems to me you have all the answers already so why ask this forum for help. You do not seem to take anybody suggestions and if you think it's the ESC than by gosh go buy a new one and hope it works. A lot of good people are trying to give you advise that you don't seem to want. Why waste this forums time????
Old 12-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Nick3

The only suggestion I got was to return it, its a pos, so I have been told. So I will get a new ESC of higher amps to see if it's the problem. I aint wasting nobodys time, just looking for answers for my problem, and no one has even tried to help me figure it out, all I get is return it return it. I aint returning it. I'll just go with the trial and error method, alot less to boats than 3D heli's. If I can get the pos erazor heli to work I can get this to work. Problem is noLHS, everything has to be ordered. Thanks to all who responded.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Diesel6401

the esc may very well be the problem. the reason i suggested return the boat is i would hate to see you dump more money into that thing then what its worth. I just noticed your in NC, where at you located? I'm in Charlotte area...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.