Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Aquacraft's "Motley Crew" Or ProBoat's "Miss Geico"

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aquacraft's

I'm all over the Motley Crue as a spare boat and rescue boat for my other FE cats.

I agree with the last couple comments, especially SuperVee. The best you can hope is for general good settings on a boat. That's the fun of the hobby anyway is adjusting and getting things just right. As long as things are reliable and quality I'm good with tweaking things to squeeze out more speed. In my opinion you do that in anything rtr.....cars, bikes, planes. I don't leave anything untouched and try different options for performance. That's what sets your ride apart from the lazy people that just want to open a box and have all the work done.

No where in any type of racing are things just set up out of the box. Real world or r/c. Everyone has different styles of driving so that makes no perfect setup for the masses.

I'm perfectly happy if rtr companies can get it ballpark for me and let me work out the rest.

Mike
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Barrymartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Barrymartin

ORIGINAL: drypipe

I'm looking for a small catamaran electric boat for this summer. I have read all the specs on the Aquacraft "Motley Crew" and ProBoat's "Miss Geico". I'm not too sure on which boat to purchase!

Can anyone give me some information as to which boat would be the best choice in terms of quality and performance?

The motley crew will be faster out of the box because it has a hotter motor. The geico stays on the water just fine in chop as long as you set up for chop and not glass, the same goes for all boats.
I think the motley crew looks better in race water because the people driving it in that water know what they are doing and have the boat set up for it, where there is a lot more geico footage on the net and some are set up to run extremely loose, hence the blow overs and crashes.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:48 PM
mmawyer72

I'm a little late seeing the date of this post. I have an MC and it is one of the best boats right out of the box. I stuck two lipo's in it and put it on the water and was very impressed. Fast, stable, and great in the turns. Can't go wrong with this boat!