Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

LiPo Balancing

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

LiPo Balancing

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM
BenNowak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo Balancing

Looking at picking up 2x Blue Lipo 2s1P5000mAh 40c packs from Hobbypartz basically because I can't find any 4s saddle packs. Questionis how would I then configure to a 4s and would I charge balance them individually or as a 4s set? Would also need a charger to go along with them. New to LiPo so any/all suggestions would be a great help. Would be running in a 33in scale hydro (1/10 scale of slo-mo-shun iv) with a leopard 3674 1900kv and seaking 180 esc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Nl28516.pdf (1.20 MB, 12 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: LiPo Balancing

http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html

If you will use them in series then they can also be charged in series (or parallel) Using them in series is as simple as hooking 1 + to the other's - and using the remaining 2 leads as if it were one pack.

If charging in series then balance in series, if charging in parallel then balance that way too. In this day 4-5C charging is common so select plenty of power and current when getting a charger. There's a class of 20 amp and 400 watt chargers that are very resonable.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
BenNowak

but if each individual pack comes with a balancing lead, would I use those or clip and attach a 4s lead? and would that make it a 4s2p?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

You'd have to use an adapter or put all leads into a 4s housing or use a 2x2 balance board which allows a pair of packs to be balanced together as a 4s pack.

answer to your ?: either way works and it is still 1P.

OR you can do them in parallel too. They make parallel balance adapters as well. It would be a 2s2P at that point.