Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Newbie to boats And the forum!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Newbie to boats And the forum!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM
blknslvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to boats And the forum!

Hey everyone. New here and new into the whole RC boat thing. I picked up a proboat miss geico 24" to see if i would get any use out of it.The first 15-20 min of running it it started to slow and i seen the smoke coming out of the canopy only to find the motor had burned up. Not to mention i was not in anyway impressed from the boat but wasnt sure what to expect from a RTR boat. A few days later picked up/ in stalled a Mamba ma pro esc with a Veleneon 3500 motor. everything fit perfect. still have to set up a cooling pipe for the esc but the temps Where acceptable. here is a quick video of it on 2s lipo and the brush-less set up. Still has the stock prop which you can see/hear it "ventilating" (i think its called) when it begins to take off sometimes. I do have a few Props on the way to test things out. Oh and not to mention. it has flipped over 2 times and each time i had to go swimming. sounds like i need a recovery boat lol!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Y0vLK7ttU[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27390.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1888931  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 PM
dagtennis

Default RE: Newbie to boats And the forum!

I am not sure what your question is...
Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM
blknslvr

Default RE: Newbie to boats And the forum!

i did not have a question. it was a simple introduction. now i do have a question though. will the mg 29 prop and rudder set up fit the mg 24?