Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Blazer Marine Backlash build (electric)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Blazer Marine Backlash build (electric)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
gunnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Blazer Marine Backlash build (electric)

My dad has started building the Blazer Marine Backlash kit and wants to go electric. The boat measures out at 49" (wood construction)
We want to go stupid fast... looking to use the same motor esc combo as the atomik 58 inch monster, running two 6c lipos. I'm all ears if someone knows some good combinations for power.
This kit is generally supposed to run a Zenoah gas engine. The boat is a tribute to a close friend of ours who recently passed.
I will be posting pictures and build updates.

Link to the kit:
http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...uct_detail&p=2

Boat we're looking to borrow a powerplant from
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Atomik-ARC-...category=76731

All input is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1470
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	1975322  

Last edited by gunnut; 03-05-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added links, picture
Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to get the boat balanced as much as possible before you put the decks on. You may need to change things (Dremel) to get the packs far enough forward.

We are testing a prototype mount for 56 mm motors.
The mount is designed so that you can replace a gas engine (with Zipp mounts) with FE, and it's a bolt in. Even the cable will be unaltered...

We will have the prototype mount at the Toledo show...

Looks like an excellent project. Good luck.

Joe
Old 03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What does "stupid fast" mean? One of my club members has a converted Backlash, running 8S he sees 74 mph in heat racing trim. Motor Castle 2028.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by gunnut
My dad has started building the Blazer Marine Backlash kit and wants to go electric. The boat measures out at 49" (wood construction)
We want to go stupid fast... looking to use the same motor esc combo as the atomik 58 inch monster, running two 6c lipos. I'm all ears if someone knows some good combinations for power.
This kit is generally supposed to run a Zenoah gas engine. The boat is a tribute to a close friend of ours who recently passed.
I will be posting pictures and build updates.

Link to the kit:
http://www.blazermarine.com/index.ph...uct_detail&p=2

Boat we're looking to borrow a powerplant from
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Atomik-ARC-...category=76731

All input is appreciated!

That 58" cat power is for 6s and will not provide stupid fast results your after
you would need the Castle 2028 on 8s as a minimum

their are some 800 size heli motors I would love to try on 12s in my Backlash !!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:31 PM
oscarel

I have one I'm racing the gas guys with this season, has Lehner 3080/8 and MGM 25063 on 10s pushing a PWW 6719/3 554. It's not "stupid" fast but very competitive in racing. Too bad he didn't get the version 3, they are suited a lot more for electric as there was not much modifying needed to get everything balanced. Here's my build. The pics show Thunder Power lipos and I've since changed to 2 5s 6000 Dinogy lipos and it's enough to finish 1 mill and 6 laps.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:32 PM
oscarel

Originally Posted by Joe Petro
Try to get the boat balanced as much as possible before you put the decks on. You may need to change things (Dremel) to get the packs far enough forward.

We are testing a prototype mount for 56 mm motors.
The mount is designed so that you can replace a gas engine (with Zipp mounts) with FE, and it's a bolt in. Even the cable will be unaltered...

We will have the prototype mount at the Toledo show...

Looks like an excellent project. Good luck.

Joe
Great idea Joe! I've always wanted something like this. Problem's going to be balance as the electric equipments going to be way heavier than a gas motor.