Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Which model just to have fun...???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Which model just to have fun...???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 04:27 AM
french_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which model just to have fun...???

I’m no new to RC....Many many years ago, I used to have an electric boat (Graupner “Commodore”), sailplanes, nitro RC cars
More recently, I played with some electric RC cars (1/10 off-road Kyosho, 1/10 on-road Tamiya and some fun 1/16[SUP]th[/SUP] that I converted into brushless)
Last week-end, I went fishing a lake, and the water was very calm and I thought “It would be fun to have an electric speed boat”
I’ve been looking on internet in the last few days, and saw several models
Again, my plan is just to have fun without having to spend time and extra $$$ to tweak a boat before I can enjoy it…and I already have decent chargers as well

So what about those one (I know they are different size, motorization and price)
-) Feilun FT012
-) WLtoys WL915
-) HobbyKing HydroTek
-) Stealthwake (bigger, but more expensive and not brushless – but I’ve read it was a fun boat, still pretty fast being brushed)
-) HobbyKing Scott Free
-) HobbyKing Relentless V2

Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 03:58 AM
Splib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WLtoys (WL915) is brushless, and you get all you need in one package, I like it, and will soon purchase. I like the price too aproximitly 70.00 $ ! In the video it's fast and stable, and states that it is self righting.