Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Looking For Somebody w/Experience

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Looking For Somebody w/Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 11:34 AM
steve55340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Somebody w/Experience

New to boating and want to build a custom boat that is kind of out-of-the-ordinary. I want to build a scale model of an actual boat called Phenomenon. It is a 56' Skater with (4) turbine engines, two on each sponson with surface drives. Want to make the model 56" long (will be about 13.5" wide) with (4) electric motors, batteries, and ESC's. I would like this thing to go pretty fast, maybe 60-80 mph?

I'm thinking I need to start with stingers/props that might be needed as fitting two of them on the sponson will be tight. Might have to make boat larger to accommodate. So, I guess, figuring out the whole drive system will dictate the design of the boat. Planning to 3D print the hull out of PLA (unless there is better material?).

Would be great to find a guy who I could email back and forth with to keep things simple. I'm kind of still in the planning/budget phase of this project so knowing what to choose for all the stuff needed would be the first step.

Thanks for your consideration.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:52 PM
JS440
My Feedback: (10)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Source the drive and props, model the hull, the driveline would be the easy part.