Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Props

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 08:09 PM
kegelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props

Just wondering what props would fit and be even the slightest bitfaster then the stock prop on a Kyosho Wavemaster? I am new to the boats. I have the WM and a after market 14 turn motor on it also bought an inexpensive Mtroniks sonic 3 tempo ESC, I ran pipe through it to cool it, but the darn thing does not seem as fast as it should be. Also the motor just stops and will start running again after a few seconds. Any Ideas what that could be. One more thing i am only running 6 cells and dont plan to be to serious into the boat. But I really would like it to go faster than it is right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Tom
Old 11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Pagemaster

Default RE: Props

14 turns is to much for direct drive and the stock prop. The problem is the motor can't get to its
best rpm. Its over loaded. I built one of these and the best results were a 14turn on a gear box with a x438 octura prop. If you don't want to try the gear box go back to a 17turn and a x438
I bought my gearbox from Hughey. There's a link to him on my site.
It isn't a direct bolt on. It takes so mods.

The motor is so overloaded your probably overheating the esc and its shutting down.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 11-03-2003, 07:03 PM
kegelt

Thank you PageMaster. The info is great. I have another question for you, where can I get theses props I keep reading about (X438) or whatever, I have looked but cannot find them.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Pagemaster

Anyone that sells Octura, including myself.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com