Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
 aqua jet batteries and charge? >

aqua jet batteries and charge?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

aqua jet batteries and charge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aqua jet batteries and charge?

Hey guys I am planning of getting an aqua jet 775 or a 550. I wanted to know which batteries and charger do u guys think I should get and how many cells for both models?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 PM

Default RE: aqua jet batteries and charge?

GP cells are good and powerful and so are the intellect cells. As far as a charger goes - I have a Duratrax ICE and this charger will do everything you'd ever want and more.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (81)

Yes the GP cells are great, I buy mine from www.cheapbatterypacks.com and I have always got great cells and service from them. I also Have the Duratrax ICE charger and I love it. But it won't do everything you would ever want. It can only charge up to 10 cells at a time. Since I have the Aquajet Extreme and I run 16 cells. I would like a charger that would charge at least that many cells at once. Go to www.hobbylobby.com the Graupner Ultramat 25 Automatic Charger will charge up to 25 cells. There are also alot of other great chargers on their site. Like the Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 30 Automatic Peak Charger that does up to 30 cells. Now that I think about it, I wish I had bought one of these chargers. Anyone want to buy a Duratrax Ice charger
Here is a link.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/chargers.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Thanks guys for the fast reply and for the info. I cant wait till ill get my boat.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:46 PM

Grk I went to the battery website and do u go to custom packs build anything link and which ones do u recomend gp3300schr, gp3700schr or the intellect ib 3800? Also which AWG wire should I use? Thanks and sorry for all the questions I just want to do it right.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:20 PM
My Feedback: (81)

I have a nice Hakko Soldering system and I use it when necessary, but I have them custom built, because I'm lazy. Get the packs made with 12AWG wire with Deans connectors and click yes on step 6 to upgrade to battery bars and end to end soldering where applicable. If you can afford it get the 3800s. If not the 3300s are fine. Also order some male deans plugs to replace the Tamiya connectors on all your other stuff.