Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

new to boating

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

new to boating

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to boating

Hi all. I'm a plane guy but don't get to field as often as I'd like. I live on a lake and would like to get a electric speed boat ( nitro makes to much noise and neighbors may not like it). Looking for a 30- 40" range boat. Any suggestions on which boat. Are the boats on ebay worth getting. They seem cheap enough.... but then again "you get what you pay for". Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:29 AM
boatman1

Default RE: new to boating

There isnt alot of big electric speed boats out there , most electrics speedboats
are under 32 inches long
The rest of it is up to how much you want to spend
Old 06-24-2006, 01:55 AM
cheeseclip

you could always build one yourself. thats the fun way!!
Old 06-24-2006, 06:36 AM
jkotlanger

I am building a 4 foot long PT boat that will be equiped with 3 speed 700 BB motors and proboat speed controllers. The plans and kit come from John Drain in Australia. Kit is of excellent quality and I can't wait to get it on the water. As the previous responder noticed, building a boat is a kick especially when it works well. I just finished building a 58 inch EC12 sailboat and it not only looks like a real boat, boat sails better. Its great for sitting back in a lawn chair and drinking a few cool ones as one relaxes. I am building the PT boat to get vicarious thrills associated with speed when I get bored with sailing.