Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Battery packs to support 3 Speed 700 BB Turbos

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Battery packs to support 3 Speed 700 BB Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:29 AM
jkotlanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery packs to support 3 Speed 700 BB Turbos

We are building a 48 inch PT boat that will run 3 speed 700 BB Turbo motors. I have separate 70 amp ESCs for each motor. I need to find a battery to power the motors that will give me about 30 minutes or longer run times. We are trying to figure out whether to take the added weight of 12V sealed lead acid batteries or use NmH or LiPolies. Does anyone have any recommendations on batteries and battery configurations to get the run time. If I use lead acid, how many and how many amps. If I use NmH, how many pack and how many cells, and how many amps per cell. If I run Lipolies, how many packs, how many cells and how many amps per cell.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 AM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery packs to support 3 Speed 700 BB Turbos

wat hold on there cow boy
3 ,700's ! haha , people would think you were going for the fastets most ineffiecnt speed record on a milita vessel!
ok my buddy at my club had a 48 inch pt boat runng 3.540's he used a selad lead acid battery and it gave him about 20 mins of runtime , and then he used a 3, 480 size motors and gave him 30 mins of run but a little slower,
trust me 3,540's are going to be enof