Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Help Upgrading Traxxas Blast

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Help Upgrading Traxxas Blast

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Upgrading Traxxas Blast

I was given a stock traxxas blast a while back and since I have gotten rid of all my other rcs except the blast I plan on upgrading it to make it a lot faster. I have a Novak duster sport II esc, and I plan on buying a motor for it. I have read posts about direct drive being slow when using car motors but if it is any faster than stock I really dont care. I am not worried about tearing up drivelines I will replace it when needed. I just want something that will fly across the water almost uncontrollably. Also I have to buy a steering servo for it does anyone have any opinions? I dont want to spend a lot because it is hardly used. Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
SerenityRacingRC

Default RE: Help Upgrading Traxxas Blast

I just got my Blast. I can say that the outdrive is crap. Thats my opion anyway. The thing keeps spinning out. Well, let me take that back and rephrase that. I juast got my fisrt boat, a Blast. I can't keep it from spinning out. I am not sure if I just suck at driving it or what but it spinns out alot. Pretty fast though. I put in a water cooler but it still gets hot. Anyway, I was also planning for FUTURE upgrade, but I think the inside of that thing is too freaking small to really put to much money into it. All that stuff cradem in ther like that is too cramped. Traxxas left no room for an easy upgrade in my opion. It would take thought and planning and,well like I have said I have NO experiance in this but I can't see over hauling the guts of the Blast. Please some one tell me I have no idea what I am talking about.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:51 AM
toxic 2U

ORIGINAL: lferguson

Please some one tell me I have no idea what I am talking about.

Dude , There is a lot of stuff you can do. Eye candy has done a bunch of stuff to his Blast. look back in the electric fourms for his posts and threds and see for yer self
Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Roostmkr

Add a set of turn fins to the blast to keep it running straight. As speeds increase you will need them. If you get your boat running around 30 mph it will be uncontrollable in any rough water. The turn fins will make it more prone to flipping over so make sure you can retrieve it.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
CadillacDTS2001

not if you lower the strut to make it come out of the bottom of the hull
i lowerd it and more control and batter pick up and very stable
awsome fun with the boat , going to try a 10XL on 10 cells in the hull
and dont try to stop me ! [>:]
Old 09-07-2006, 08:30 PM
smitty4
My Feedback: (4)

alright well if I just dropped a 15T motor in it would I see any speed increase at all? I am thinking about just doing that. What prop would I need? And also what motor would be a good one?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:58 AM
farr500

hia
First boat is a traxxas blast, took it out and a friend switche his boat on... he had the same 27hz as me... he controlled my boat for a sec then it just stopped... now my boat doesn't work! what's that all about?

cheers
mikey