Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
 Traxxas Blast rebuild >

Traxxas Blast rebuild

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Traxxas Blast rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:00 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Blast rebuild

Ok guys i have been messing around with my r/c planes for a while and I getting back into boats. I have a traxxas blast hull and a few parts. The hull is gutted except for the running hardware but I'm looking for suggestions for the inards. I have a Trinity p2k2 Pro (27T single) and a Reedy Pulse R (11T double). I also have a novak fusion ESC. I am open to using any of these or none of these. I would like to use LiPo batteries but not having been in boats for a while I don't know what you guys are using. Give me some answers.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Traxxas Blast rebuild

I'm still not sold on lipos yet, sounds too complicated/risky....and all the other factors that come with it. I can see why you want to use them though, the blast is a small hull. I have to do some research to suggest a motor.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:15 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for the help. As for the lipo thing we use them big in the plane arena. the nicds and nimh are too heavy for some of our applications but i'm not opposed to going back to nicds for this.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 AM

dont go nicd thats a step back in time
lipo would work but there is the thing called water that will reak havic on your lipos , so best not unlesss you can put them in a water prof container while still fiting them into the small hull.
nimh are the best gor for a 6 or 7 cell battery and a 19 turn motor with the stock esc will work