Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Motor, servo run after transmitter turned off.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Motor, servo run after transmitter turned off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
hansvonpensch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor, servo run after transmitter turned off.

I am not new to building models but I am new to using R/C and I need some help. I bought an ESC with a BCE and R/C unit (two channel transmitter with 2 servos) I hooked up the motors and servos and befor I can turn the radio on the motors sometimes run and the servo turns back and forth, one way to get them to stop is to turn the radio on and then they work ok, when I turn The raido off the motors and servos start to run by themselfs, sometimes when I turn the transmitter at a certin angle the motors turn off, I am inside and am at a distance of 3 to 15 feet, can anyone help me, thanks, Randy.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Motor, servo run after transmitter turned off.

I think I understand you, the Transmitter should be turned on first and off last.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

If your esc has a switch, make sure to turn on your transmitter before you turn on the switch on your esc. If your esc does not have a switch, then make sure to turn on your esc before you plug in the battery.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Raylon

The boat should never be turned on unless the transmitter has been turned on before it.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
CadillacDTS2001

yes turn your radio on first and then your boat.
Seems like you are suffering from major glitching. Try to spread out your stuff and not have it all tight in one area. Also keep your wires as neat as possible to reduce this
Old 02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
hansvonpensch

O yes, I turned the transmitter on first and then the small switch on the ESC and that fixes the problem, the only thing that happens know is the servo will turn a little for about 1/2 second.

I have not put any capacitors on the (2) dumas 6v 5000 rpm motors and I guess Iwill have to, thanks, Randy.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 AM
retaobcr
Banned

Like the other post mentioned. Isolate the rx if possible. The power lines should be away from servo and rx as much as possible. I make a small box in left hand corner, alittle bigger than rx and put a balloon around it. Next i take silver tape used in wrapping around furnace pipes and line the outside of box and never had a problem since. This application is for small areas. I use 9 volt for rx and servo power thru a DuPro switch which is outside but guts are inside like a on/off switch for safety. Propellor cuts are MEAN, whether plastic or metal. Like many have said, tx on first and i turn my rudder blade off line and then Dupro gets turned on which tells me if rudder servo is working. Ok, if rudder starts jumping back and forth, glitch is around and will be power lines are too close to rudder servo. I hope i didn't get long winded but just trying to help so maybe you can explain to others incase they run across the same problems. Capacitiors and s. diode must be put on motor unless your esc has reverse in which case, a diode can't be used. 3 capacitiors per motor.