Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Noob Outrigger : what do I have here ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Noob Outrigger : what do I have here ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Will Sgarlat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob Outrigger : what do I have here ?

Easy -
With all this lead-up, you have to tell us how your first run went! With all Taylor's warning you must be psyched. Got lots of room to let it "stretch it's legs"?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Easy rider

ORIGINAL: Will Sgarlat

Easy -
With all this lead-up, you have to tell us how your first run went! With all Taylor's warning you must be psyched. Got lots of room to let it "stretch it's legs"?
Sure Will,

The first run went great , it seems to be a great boat. It's very stable and impossible to flip upside down , Taylor's warnings were completely the opposite of that. The lehner performs very good and my boat tops out at about 70km/h ( 50 Mph I thinck , kinda ) right now. The LMT BK Warrior ESC stay's nice and cool during a full speed run thanks to the water cooling. I bought a Vortex VX4L6 brushless motor wich has 1500Rpm/volt more than the lehner so I can use my 2S lipo packs instead of the 7cell NiMh packs that came with the boat. This should result in a much higher topspeed and faster acceleration. I also bolted a slightly larger prop on the boat ( I went from 35mm to 37,5mm ) because these motors can take more than the 35 that whas on it.

I had a blast running my boat with Walter Geens and I learned a lot of RC boating. He's a great help and a very , very good boat modeler. So thanks to Retaobcr for giving me the tip about Walter Geens , he was right about the guy.

I am also painting the boat "Ferrari red" to make it look fast and nice instead of the dull green/yellow thing , yeuhk.

When I'm done with putting the new motor in and the paint job I'll test the boat again and tell you all about how it went.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38668.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	662844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	662845  
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 PM
retaobcr
Banned

Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Easy rider

Pictures :
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34895.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	664168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73804.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	664169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64557.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	664170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18444.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	664171  
Old 04-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Team Fine Design

Dang Taylor !! Are you that scared of riggers ??? Hahaha !!! Sounds like your trying to talk a guy out of a boat.One word,THROTTLE !!
Out riggers are inherantly stable becaus of the Out riggers sponsons.That is the reason why they are used for High speed aplications were minimal drag is needed.Although they will turn in both directions.Using the turn fin will let the boat turn hopefully with out reducing speed to do so.You got a great price on a good boat.Enjoy !!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
CadillacDTS2001

wow that looks like a great boat.
Team Fine.
I was i guess kinda trying to talk him out of it. not because I'm scared but because if he was a total noob and he crashes it there goes a very very nice boat. I'm sure you get mad when you crash a boat, I'm sure you would be even more mad when you crash your first boat.

he then after reviled that he does race cars which i did not know before.
i remember my rigger it wasn't very stable. could have been the set up or what but first impression last a long. good to see you had a good run.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Team Fine Design

Its all good man...Just hasslin yah !!!Hey I see you on the red board too.You have the bug bad huh.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
CadillacDTS2001

its to addicting.
I'm thinking of getting the mods to change my password. i truly spend to much time.and it effects the work i do.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Easy rider

ORIGINAL: Team Fine Design

Dang Taylor !! Are you that scared of riggers ??? Hahaha !!! Sounds like your trying to talk a guy out of a boat.One word,THROTTLE !!
Out riggers are inherantly stable becaus of the Out riggers sponsons.That is the reason why they are used for High speed aplications were minimal drag is needed.Although they will turn in both directions.Using the turn fin will let the boat turn hopefully with out reducing speed to do so.You got a great price on a good boat.Enjoy !!
Hi,

It's indeed a fine boat to drive around the pond. It goes thrue turns like it's glued to the surface. I'm looking forward to receive the Vortex I ordered. Boats like these are fast but it comes no way near driving a fast brushless car around the track when it comes down to reflexes. It's a good thing I'm used to driving TC's for sure , it helps allot , even Walter says he can see I'm used to driving cars when he waches me with the boat. I've seen a bad full power crash yesterday at the club pond though. Ouch , the guy will spend the whole week repairing his rigger ( mini Lui rigger )

I'll keep you guys posted on the new motor. You can count on it.

PS the annual European RC convention in Dortmund - Germany starts tomorrow ( It's the European version of RCX in anaheim ) Lot's of new stuff coming up ... aaaahhh the addiction :-)