Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
 SV vs Villian >

SV vs Villian

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

SV vs Villian

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SV vs Villian

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton

Back to the original subject. I don't think I'd recomend a scratch build off the bat. I've got alot less work in my SV than I would in a scratch (and I do have some work into my boat). I'd hate to loose it, sink it, crash it. As bad as it would be it would be worse if my whole heart and soul were in it. I'd get an SV and learn the ropes. When you hull looks like OC's orange one you just rip all the hard ware out and put it in you scratch build hull. Alls good.[8D]
that's a very good idea
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, hey now.... You've never seen my "OC" hull, either....lol! My "4Q" hull is looking dang good in comparison though, I must admit...
It's not as quick as OC yet, but it'll still leave a Villain at the mark...

Would you hapen to know anyone that can duplicate those cools 4Q plates...hint, hint???? I've got two or three more builds on the very near horizon....
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 PM

The Villian is a ver good boat in it's own right. My buddy loves his and he comes out to our race weekends and has no "wants" for a faster boat. He really enjoys the "scale" looks of his Villian. We did a few mods to it to get it to perform optimally within constraint and I think it's a cool boat, myself.

That said, I did have a problem with it. I had to install an auto bailer in my bud's boat to keep it realitivly dry. However, I must admit that even though we didn't cure the disease, the systom treatment worked out very well.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Would you hapen to know anyone that can duplicate those cools 4Q plates...hint, hint????
Yea. I got you.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM

I've both raved and bashed the SV in this forum (yes, I went through several to get a good one), but I'd guess if you got yourself a Villian and then went to the pond with it and then saw someone with an SV27, you'd most likely wish you'd gotten the SV27.

The villian is a cool and fun boat to be sure, but this is not really an apples-to-apples comparison...only price-wise. Like Quicksilver said, I think the Villian should be re-priced (at least at my LHS).

The EP Hammer is closer to the Villian IMHO, but again not a great comparison because the Villian EX has 2 motors and 2 drives.
The SV has taught me a ton about Fast Electrics because it is a bonafied Race Boat...at least closer to a Race Boat than the Villian. Many of the things I learned from owning SV27s has carried over directly to building, understanding and setting up FE boats for racing as well as reliable sport running.
Tinkering with the Villian will probably teach you a bunch too, but the SV is already closer to something you might build one day, and since you say you'd love to build, then I'm with SV27dayton in saying the SV will be a better step towards that.