Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

jet villain- finally some jumping videos

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

jet villain- finally some jumping videos

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default jet villain- finally some jumping videos

took her to the pond today, which has an odd submerged pier. So I had some fun. Had to film, by myself. I ran into some water related issues at the end.... you'll see. Still was fun. The boat landed on shore 50% of the time, but slid back in

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jhef3-jjvE]VIDEO[/link]

added a previous run's photo.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:26 AM
narn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jet villain- finally some jumping videos

Im guessing this still has the good old 700sc? Shes runnin strong. Im thinking of making a nitro jetboat out of a graupner drive and H2O Racing hull. That might have to wait till summer though
Old 05-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Quicksilver1

yeah still the 700sc, a nitro driven jet would be different
Old 05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
rooski

Well...I guess this is one of the benefits of having a jet drive. Not sure how the thin ABS hull will like dock jumping long term.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Nice, very cool to see something different going on. I thought it was kind of funny when you missed the ramp the first time. lol
One time my steering linkage got loose from the rudder in the middle of the pond and all it wanted to do was turn. I figured out that it didn't turn as sharp at full throttle. So I worked it and worked it till I got it close enough to the shore like you did.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Quicksilver1

ORIGINAL: rooski

Well...I guess this is one of the benefits of having a jet drive. Not sure how the thin ABS hull will like dock jumping long term.

well, as you may or may not know, the hull has a 1/8" aluminum plate running up the bottom and on top of that, the interior of the hull is fiberglassed. [8D] no worries. It's bullet proof, unless you hit something sideways. I attached a pic of the bottom, the aluminum is painted black now though.

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Nice, very cool to see something different going on. I thought it was kind of funny when you missed the ramp the first time. lol
One time my steering linkage got loose from the rudder in the middle of the pond and all it wanted to do was turn. I figured out that it didn't turn as sharp at full throttle. So I worked it and worked it till I got it close enough to the shore like you did.

thanks, The first pass actually was on purpose, when I'm screaming up to a dock with a railing a foot away from the jump, it's best to do a fly by first..

yeah its a real pain when the rudder does that, this boat always does it the same way, too much water and then bam! stuck in circles. The time before that I let the wind take it in.

My next project is a floating jump that I can transport. I'd love not to have to worry about hitting poles, though I do admit it makes it exciting. Also I just finished making a new hatch out of aluminum sheet metal. should get rid of my water problem from the infamous villain hatch.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
sayrion

I cant see this video!
This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.

Can you fix?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:48 PM
saleens7

hmmm this thread was from a while ago....and quicksilver hasent been on since 2007, so i doubt he will fix it...

whatever happened to him anyway? Did i miss something?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
headhunter23

He's either got a kid or its on the way very shortly.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:23 AM
TwinJetMax

He was on yesterday.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Quicksilver

I'm on right now well, my account got changed and kind of split in 2. So I'm quicksilver and quicksilver1. I'm not sure why my videos wont show, Just check my youtube account and it just says mine are copyrighted but I cannot change it. In case some of my old links to videos changed here's my main page
http://www.youtube.com/user/quicksiler

By the way, baby is here 7lb11oz, Slight lifestyle change. I guess this is that point in ones life that they may mothball hobbies like these only for there kids to find 15trs down the road.

so even though I only have one boat running out six and havent run a boat this whole summer, I do try to come here once a week to at least check the jet drive thread. Almost missed this resurrection.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Quicksilver

omg now I see it, Apparently my video have been taken down because of copy written music. Unbelievable, it's not a music video. Had UMG records pull the dock jumping video, for the bob marley song and another by Sony Records. I don't know if I have the originals, I'll have to look around.