Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

SV27 Water Cooling Problems

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

SV27 Water Cooling Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Ring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SV27 Water Cooling Problems

All -

No water is flowing through the system. I have checked all the lines and made sure that there are not any kinks, improper bends etc...

I can blow through the line without issue.

Is the hole at the bottom of the rudder supposed to be plugged? That is the only thing I can think of. The hole in the mid section of the rudder is unobstructed and the hole in the rudder is not plugged.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM
D-White

Default RE: SV27 Water Cooling Problems

Hey,so your saying that your Water Cooling (TUBE)...(((BLUE))),isn't allowing water to cool the motor? and is it connected to the TOP of the rudder?....make sure all that is right,and if not I would try re-tubing the water cooling system...see if that works...the tube should be really cheap..
Old 07-29-2007, 12:58 AM
bzinfinity

I recently had the same issue, and I quickly found out why this morning.

I'm down in Florida and I went to run my boat in the bay here in Destin. Where I usually stand at my lake at home, I have to make all left turns, and I could never see the water flowing except for a VERY minute amount during straight line runs when the rudder was actually touching the water (stupid skiff boat right now, it still rides way too high).

Well, when I got down here, I unintentioanlly positioned myself in such a way that right turns seemed easier, and during the runs and during the turns I actually saw water moving through the system.

Also - I wish I could video this for you, I was expecting a MUCH larger stream to come out of the boat. I've been around boats my whole life, and I guess I was expecting to see a solid stream like a 1:1 boat produces. Even when I get a mouth full of water and blow it through the system, I don't get that result. It's more like a REALLY really weak squirt gun. I actually found it difficult to see when the boat was more than about 20-30 feet from me, but when I brought it in the temperatures were normal, so I know the system was working.

I just ordered the transom mount though, and will be using that.

But, anyway, try turning right and right only and keep the boat as close in to you as possible and see if you can see anything moving out of the water exit.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Fast Guy

ORIGINAL: 10 Ring

All -

No water is flowing through the system. I have checked all the lines and made sure that there are not any kinks, improper bends etc...

I can blow through the line without issue.

Is the hole at the bottom of the rudder supposed to be plugged? That is the only thing I can think of. The hole in the mid section of the rudder is unobstructed and the hole in the rudder is not plugged.

Any advice is appreciated.
The hole in the bottom of the rudder should be plugged.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:21 AM
alloutcustom

check the water jacket for silicone pieces that are slowing or stopping the flow