Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

crappy canadian hobby stores!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

crappy canadian hobby stores!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
headhunter23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crappy canadian hobby stores!!!

Ok, getting a little frustrated now... I have called 4 hobby shops looking for 2 specific types of couplers. I just need to connect a 4mm shaft to a 5 mm shaft, no rubber and I also need to connect a 3mm shaft to a 5mm shaft no rubber. Unfortunately the one place that says they could get something, are unwilling to locate it etc. They said to take a look at eflight... I have and had no luck looking for a straight metal shaft connector. Does any one know any product codes I can give these jokers?

Ivan.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Default RE: crappy canadian hobby stores!!!

Yep thats usually the case, the internet is where i buy everything.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:16 PM
headhunter23

Yea.. pita. anyways convinced my buddy who is a machinest to make it... canada sucks for selection yet getting stuff in the states costs damn brokerage fees... lose lose sit.... thankfully stuff from hong kong doesn't mean brokerage fees... and shipping is actually cheaper. don't ask me why.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've noticed anything north of the border is pretty much useless. I also notice things are so expensive when they are in stock. I order nearly everything I get for my planes, and boats.

Ryan
Old 10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: headhunter23

Ok, getting a little frustrated now... I have called 4 hobby shops looking for 2 specific types of couplers. I just need to connect a 4mm shaft to a 5 mm shaft, no rubber and I also need to connect a 3mm shaft to a 5mm shaft no rubber. Unfortunately the one place that says they could get something, are unwilling to locate it etc. They said to take a look at eflight... I have and had no luck looking for a straight metal shaft connector. Does any one know any product codes I can give these jokers?

Ivan.
Why don't you just get a 5mm motor coupler and drill out one side 1mm larger?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Gyrotech

Call skycraft hobbies. Burlington. They will most likely have it. It will probably cost 5-10 bucks for the damn thing.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
CadillacDTS2001

here you go
should have what you need
and he ships FAST
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=ose-str-ci
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
ryan_t888

ORIGINAL: Gyrotech

Call skycraft hobbies. Burlington. They will most likely have it. It will probably cost 5-10 bucks for the damn thing.
Everytime I visit those guys (my LHS) I come home with hardly anything on my must have list. Last time I went I was looking for an FM receiver. They sold me the receiver but did not have one crystal set in stock or a single RX crystal in stock. They are also very expensive !

I haven't been there in a while but I would imagine their boat section is extremely dry right now.

BTW, where are you from?

Ryan
Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
in-d-boat

Try this place http://www.sdp-si.com/. (Stock Drive Products, Sterling Instruments) They have several FREE catalogs,,,, get the Handbook of Metric Drive Components. On page 6-66 they have both the 3mm to 5mm and the 4mm to 5mm rigid couplers, (figure-2)... no rubber... aluminun, brass, or stainless steel are the material chioces. They also have tons of small gears, pulleys, belts, and in general, cool stuff. Both metric and standard.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Fiend

In my country - Lithuania, there is no shop for all my r/c needs, couplers count, so I go to ebay and ger what I want
Do not look for problems, u can find a lot of these..
Old 10-11-2007, 06:45 AM
bensidus197217

We have some good hobby stores up here if you know where to look. I deal with Phils Hobby hut in Richmond and if he doesn't have it he will get it in less than a week the man is also a wealth of info too.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
headhunter23

Wow, thanks for the info... yes I have to agree, things are a lot more expensive to purchase, that is if they have what your looking for but it's rare so far. Thanks for the other spots to check, more than likely will use in the future.

Ivan.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Gyrotech

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

ORIGINAL: Gyrotech

Everytime I visit those guys (my LHS) I come home with hardly anything on my must have list. Last time I went I was looking for an FM receiver. They sold me the receiver but did not have one crystal set in stock or a single RX crystal in stock. They are also very expensive !

I haven't been there in a while but I would imagine their boat section is extremely dry right now.

BTW, where are you from?

Ryan
I agree 100% skycraft hobbies is overpriced and understocked. Imagine the cost if you were to buy everything you needed to build from them! It would be double or tripple the cost in the end. The only prices I've seen with them that are competitive are the ready to run or nearly ready to run kits. They have AC model boat's in the front window but it sure dosn't look like they sell any because they never seem to move positions! Not just that but I don't think the guys from skycraft do much boat building.

Stoney Creek

Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
ryan_t888

Those AC boats have been there for years. They have very little experience in boating, and by the looks of it don't have many customers in to boating as well. Since Prather Products went dry, so did there boating wall.

In general Tower Hobbies deals with most of my orders. In most cases I usually get what I ordered within 2 weeks.

Ryan