Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

CEN 14.4V 700 WaveShark Heatsink needed?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

CEN 14.4V 700 WaveShark Heatsink needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM
syncronized77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN 14.4V 700 WaveShark Heatsink needed?

Hey guys,

I've just completed the finishing touches on my CEN Waveshark with the 700 motor with a Navy Jeti ESC powered by 14.4V. Do I need a heatsink with my stock 700? If so can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance!

E
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN 14.4V 700 WaveShark Heatsink needed?

actually you need a water cooling jacket like this one it comes with a water pick up that you mount in the bottom of the boat.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=gnd-4198

or you could just take a piece of aluminum or copper tubing and cut it about 1" to 1 1/4" long. Cut one end at an 45 deg angle so it scoops up the water, then bend it in the middle slightly like a 20 deg angle and mount it to the transom with a very small C clamp and that will serve as a very good water pick up without having to put a hole in the bottom of the hull. (a little easier)

and you will need something like this for the water to exit.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=hpi-8137

This is how it should be set up. Water comes in from the pickup and then flows through a piece of tubing to the water inlet on the esc (your jeti Navi esc should have some water tubes on it) the the water travels out of the esc through another piece of tubing to the motor cooling jacket then out through another piece of tubing out to the water outlet back into the lake The water will be coming out much warmer than it went in thus cooling your electrical components.

Do not skip this part your you might wind up with a bunred out esc and or motor. This process should not take you more than 30 minutes from start to finish.