Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
 Lookin for new boat... >

Lookin for new boat...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Lookin for new boat...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for new boat...

I've been into rc for many years... and am going through my old collection collecting dust in my garage. I've got an sv running... and I was thinking about a new boat... not an rtr. My likes go in all sorts of directions... cat and hyrdo mostly... shovelnose would be great.

I'm looking for a couple of setup suggestions.... I have an old dumas hot shot (tunnel hull) laying around I'd like to convert to electric... but is it worth it? I'd only save what? 100 bucks?

heres what I've got minus engine for those that aren't familiar: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXE320

What would be a good setup for that? and speed?

options for a fe shovel nose? I've found a few, but don't know anything about them...

What ever I do go with, I'd like to stay at or around 12 cells... its what I've got laying around between my cars and everything else... upgrad to lipos down the road would be a plus.

Thanks in advance as always...
Old 03-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lookin for new boat...

How much juice can your batteries put out? It could get kind of expensive to do it up. If your looking at an outboard that holds the electric motor they run about 80 bucks(not sure how much power they can handle though), then you can get a motor for about 40-50 bucks brushless and 30-40 bucks for esc. I personally suggest turborix guy off ebay or UH for hardware stuff, takes about 2weeks to 3 weeks if they have in stock. Longer if they don't. For that size boat, 30mph should be attainable with out too much work, perhaps high 30's.

Still I think total cost of setting up would be closer to 200 bucks by the time your done with shipping etc.

Ivan.