Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Saltwater maintence?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Saltwater maintence?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:25 PM
oct6454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saltwater maintence?

just bought a new Super Vee 27 brushless and am planning on driving it in the saltwater. I know that i shouldnt but no where elso to go so what should i do after every run to keep it running strong?
Old 04-05-2008, 01:41 AM
bucsbw

Default RE: Saltwater maintence?

I also run in salt water. I make sure I take at least two gallons of fresh water and hose down the entire exterior first. Then push water through the water exit hole on the side of your hull. The water will circulate through the water jacket/coil and through the speed controller, and exit out of the water pick-up. Do this for about 30 seconds to a full minute. Make sure you blow out the excess water so it does not just sit. You can do this with a pressure pump from Home Depot. Corrosion X or WD-40 all of your running gear, and the bearings on your motor. You can get Corrosion X electrical and spray your receiver and speed controller without any harm coming to them.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
RC_Bob

Default RE: Saltwater maintence?

Apply some grease to the shaft too.