Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

sv27 adjustable?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

sv27 adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:07 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sv27 adjustable?

I was out getting the supervee ready for a run tomorrow. I thought I would start from scratch so I can see the difference things make when you adjust them or change prop,etc.
So I changed some panther 2 blade 215 or 210 "numbers are really small" back to the 3 blade stock. Then I was reading in the manual about negative/positive for the rudder and shaft,but I don't see how you would adjust it? There's 2 bolts on the shaft that hold's it in place and one bolt would keep the other from pivoting either way?
Now the trim tabs they say just bend either way,im guessing you take these off to bend?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 AM
dicko

Default RE: sv27 adjustable?

take them off to bend, otherwise youcan crack the hull.

the rudder has a very small amount of play in it, loosen the 2 bolts & push the tip of the rudder as far forward towards the transom as you can & retighten the bolts. the strut can be shimmed if you want to adjust that, I wouldn't bother unless the boat wasn't running right..
Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The strut only has a small amount of movement. Some have ground down the holes in it to get more but you prob wont need to. Just run it first before you adjust anything. I didnt need to change anything on mine out the box.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Silent-AV8R

Lots of info here:

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub17-main.html

Adjustments here:

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub22-tuning.html

Props here:

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/acces...ropellers.html
Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
SV27dayton

Also rather than starting a new thread for each question, just use the super tune thread. Grim has never wavered on his advice to keep the strut neutral on the BLSV. The guys running the nitro found a need to adjust the strut but everyone has always agreed to run it at zero on the electric version. Mine was there when I got it. If it's not it should be very close as the stuffing tube will locate it there.