Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

ANTENNA MOUNT

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

ANTENNA MOUNT

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:01 PM
all in
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANTENNA MOUNT

I am wondering any advise on mounting sv27 antenna. everyone mounts them in rear but I have a spektrum radio and the antenna is to short to do this. I was told I can keep it on the inside of the hatch , does this sound right??
Old 04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
LtDoc

Default RE: ANTENNA MOUNT

The basic idea is to get the antenna as high as possible, and to make sure that no water gets inside the boat by however you mount it. Radios are as ''touchy'' about bathing as cats are! So making sure the radio doesn''t get wet is also a good idea. After that, it''s more or less up to you as to how the thing is mounted. Wanna try a few different ways? No problem, have at it! If you happen to find a really good method, let us know about it too!
- Doc
Old 04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
all in
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ANTENNA MOUNT

I was just wondering because i was told that a 2.4 reciver can have the antenna mounted in the boat with no signal loss. I was wondering if anyone has done it or if I need to be the test dummy.