Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

4MM Graupner U-joints/Villain?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

4MM Graupner U-joints/Villain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4MM Graupner U-joints/Villain?

Im on my way to the hobby shop to get some stock Joints.
"I just got my villain from ebay,and both U-joints were broken on delivery "
I was wondering if anyone used anything else that a hobbytown usa would have in stock,maybe from another traxxas car or anything that were metal u-joints.
I know people say get the graupner 4mm u joints,,but im just looking for a back up incase they dont have those.
If not they say the stock plastic ones are in stock,so either way I should get a maiden run out of her today.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 4MM Graupner U-joints/Villain?

I have used both Traxxas and Graupner 4mm u joints-the Graupners are made of a stiffer material so are harder to assemble than the more flexible Traxxas units.I have not noticed much difference in durability but the Graupner joints are definitely more brittle and I broke one just trying to get the crosspiece in it.The Traxxas joints are cheaper and easier to find in my experience.[8D]
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

im useing the graupner u-joint on my nitro vee . i have had no problems yet the stock joint snaped when i forgot to put the turn fin back down after checking the water pick up . and i hit the fin and snaped the joint in half . the only reson im useing the grumpner jount is b/c i work only 20mins from hobby lobby . vary convinet
Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
ProfitOfDoom

I was only able to get the traxxas u-joints, and there fine with me. I only wanted the graupner because I was reading the forums on traxxas hop ups for the villain,,and they said the graupner's are like 50% quieter and smoother,,but It didnt seem that loud or rough to me.
But this was my first run today with the villain,I think I like it,it goes a decent speed,stable,and I like the size of it and scale look.
Im not sure if im going to sell off my supervee yet,,but I think with a few upgrades to the villain the supervee will be gone.
While im writing,these are the stock titans,can anyone tell me what type of motor is this,like is 27t or what?
They look like they were ran quit a bit from the previous owner,,so I was thinking of some motor upgrades.
What motors do you recommend,im looking to gain some speed,but not kill my running time,,or make it so fast that it will be very unstable.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
kahnen

There 23 turns. You can go down to 19 turn motors with the stock esc.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
donandmax
My Feedback: (2)

I ordered the Graupner u-joints for my Traxxas Villain ex. and they are unusable because they are about 1/4 in. shorter than the stock ones anyone else find this ? I'm guessing they can't be used, right ? Also are these auto bailers a joke ? I installed one on the Villain ex and my boat almost sinks after a couple of laps. I used wing saddle tape on the hull under the canopy. Havent tried it yet but I wonder if I'm taking in water from around the switch and antenna. The antenna has a rubber thingy around it and it goes into the radio box but there seems to be a gap between it and the canopy any suggestions on keeping the water out of this wannabe submarine. ? Sportygreg same thing happened to me broke while trying to assemble it. Hey guys there is nothing wrong with the stock joints. I don't know where this idea came from that they were noisy. Mine sound just fine. Stick with stock at least on the Villain..
Thanks
Don M
Old 04-21-2008, 04:51 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

thats weird isnt the villain and the nitro vee use the same outdrive and joint or am i wrong

ok i see know thw villain iv uses the same u-joint as the nitro vee part 1539 and the villain rtr or racer uses a 1539r